Updating climate controls to ATC single zone question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sierra Nate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Deisel
I have a 2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman with 8.4 UConnect and manual climate control knobs. I purchased the wire harness to add auto climate control that adds the cabin temp sensor by driver's knee and the sun sensor replacement from Infotainment.com. I also downloaded AlphaOBD and ordered the OBD BT dongle. All of these items should be delivered by Friday so I plan to install and update this weekend. One thing I cannot find an answer on is the center strack. My Center Stack has the manual dial controls for temp (with AC) and the fan speed. I have the up fitter switches below the climate dials. So...if I wanted to change that center stack so that I have the Auto features on the climate controls, which center stack do I order? Moopar has several center stack options available but no description to tell me what controls are in it...just lousy pictures that I cannot see the detail enough to tell.

My concern would be if I keep my current center stack I assume my manual control dials will become dead with the exception of a push to activate AC might work according to what I have read from other's who have done this conversion. I just don't want dead dials on the infotainment section of my pickup. And if I buy a new center stack that has dual climate controls, I will still wind up with some dead controls for options I do not have hardware for (passenger side controls). I realize I'm not going to get a perfect world and have everything work...but which one will have me with the least dead switches/dials/buttons? Alternatively...is there another option I might want to consider adding so that everything does work on a new center stack?

Lunnzz17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Have you gotten this installed and working? I was looking at the kit but in their instructions it shows a harness behind the glove box which I do not have so it might not work for me.

OP
OP
S

Sierra Nate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Deisel
I have not installed it yet. Back in May I was pretty excited to do this mod. But I've spent the entire summer fixing other things on my property. The box of parts are sitting on my work bench all ready to go. I just have not had the time to sit down and do it. I'm goin to get some Nikes and see if that helps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963