Upgrade Alpine sub & speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can replace your factory alpine amp. Kenwood make a plug & play alternative that will completely replace the factory amp.

Additionally, you can pull/disconnect channels from the factory harness and redirect them. I currently have a AC D6.1200 running my front corners, my front doors, and my rear doors. I have a kenwood running a JL 10TW stealthbox, and have the factory unit pushing the center channel and the headliners. Absolutely no issues. Just saying.

Frankwhoa

Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can replace your factory alpine amp. Kenwood make a plug & play alternative that will completely replace the factory amp.

Additionally, you can pull/disconnect channels from the factory harness and redirect them. I currently have a AC D6.1200 running my front corners, my front doors, and my rear doors. I have a kenwood running a JL 10TW stealthbox, and have the factory unit pushing the center channel and the headliners. Absolutely no issues. Just saying.

Do you have the Alpine premium sound w/8.4 UConnect?

regal81455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes or atleast I did at one point. Now I'm running a pioneer hu integrated into the alpine system.

Here's a link to the vid fivestar audio did on the kenwood amp.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I appreciate the info on that! Not going to do any more replacing for now - but I did swap the JBL I mentioned in my previous post (the one I cut the mid-range out of) with the other JBL that I cut the tweeter out of. The system sounds great.

Good bass, clear mids and highs. There's a little bit of "hiss" when people are using words that end in "s" but that's about it. I did have to turn down the treble to get rid of the rings and brightness, no matter what.

I am considering ordering a Hertz 87.3 for the center channel, because I suspect the JBL (2.5 ohm, tweeter cut out) I'm using there now, is just too "loud" compared to the other speakers in my car, which are all 4 ohm - excluding the sub, but the Hertz just doesn't really have a lot of power handling capability (60 Watts peak)... The Audiofrog GS25's would be good as they can handle 150 watts peak, but, the price is steep on those, and I've frankly thrown more money at this now than I originally wanted to.

If anyone has any recommendations on what to do about my center channel, I'm all ears!

Current Setup:

Infinity Reference REF-375TX - 4 ohm tweeters - dash corners and headliner
JBL Club 322f - 2.5 ohm - tweeter cut out - center channel
Pioneer TS-G690 - front and rear doors - 4 ohm full range
Pionner TS-SW2002D2 subwoofer - dual voice coil wired at 2 ohms.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's been a minute since anyone posted to this thread so I thought I'd give it a bump as I've spent a good deal of time today going back-and-forth reading this to look at options and setups. I built an Excel spreadsheet with @Black_Wolf and @Midnight Storm's setups and will start pricing stuff out to see what mine may end up looking like. I definitely plan on adding Noico, Dynamat, or Second Skin as a sound barrier during my upgrade. I have already entertained ideas for my build and this thread was very helpful as I want to keep my stock HU to maintain functionality of my steering wheel controls. I already had the Infinity Reference and JL Audio C2 and C5 series speakers for my plan and this seemed to solidify some of my options. Thank you to all that have contributed to this collaboration so far as this - to me - is what the forum is all about; good folks helping out other good folks.

Last edited:

Frankwhoa

Reaction score
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you share you excel sheet too? I can pm you my email if so.

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's been a minute since anyone posted to this thread so I thought I'd give it a bump as I've spent a good deal of time today going back-and-forth reading this to look at options and setups. I built an Excel spreadsheet with @Black_Wolf and @Midnight Storm's setups and will start pricing stuff out to see what mine may end up looking like. I definitely plan on adding Noico, Dynamat, or Second Skin as a sound barrier during my upgrde. I have already entertained ideas for my build and this thread was very helpful as I want to keep my stock HU to maintain functionality of my steering wheel controls. I already had the Infinity Reference and JL Audio C2 and C5 series speakers for my plan and this seemed to solidify some of my options. Thank you to all that have contributed to this collaboration so far as this - to me - is what the forum is all about; good folks helping out other good folks.
@Salty Ram: Let me know how it goes.

On a side note: I recently learned that speakers have to be "broken-in"... that is, it's best if you don't play them at full volume for a few weeks or so. Now, I didn't do this, but, now that I've had these in for a bit, everything sounds SMOOOTH. The "hiss" with "s" sounds has become unnoticeable, and everything just sounds GOOD! The bass isn't too heavy, and I've been able to tweak the equalizer - Mid-high bass, full-high midrange, and mid-low treble. I still tweak by a bar or two from time to time, but overall, good thump, clear highs (but not ear bleeding) and mids. Only issue I've really seen, is if I crank it too loud, and a DJ gets on, if they're speaking, it can have some bass thump when it shouldn't.