Upgrade to 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I’m surprised also. I agree totally. I’m not saying this just because I want to convince myself that it was taken care of but I can tell you that it was just by the interior and exterior condition. I can count on one hand and maybe a finger the scuffs and scratches I have found so that’s pretty damn good for an HD truck. Plus it runs and drives very well. Not too worried but I know it is a risk anytime you buy used.
It was a one owner and I have the Carfax on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure you will have excellent service from it. Just as many people buy new and experience problems. Nothing man made is perfect. But I'm sure your truck will serve you just fine over the years. Congrats and enjoy it. I love mine!

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm sure you will have excellent service from it. Just as many people buy new and experience problems. Nothing man made is perfect. But I'm sure your truck will serve you just fine over the years. Congrats and enjoy it. I love mine!

Thanks. I have no doubt it will.

East0352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I run 305/55-20 Wranglers with the kevlar. I run them at 55/50 fr/rr. When I pull my 5th wheel, I bump the rear up to 65. (Max pressure for that tire) and still has the weight rating to handle the load. I used alphaOBD to change the threshold setting to match the tires. I also replaced the rear coils with air springs. I recommend getting a pedal commander. It’ll make response so much better. Like going from a rhino on the interstate to a ballerina. I big beefy ballerina, but you get what I’m saying. I also like hearing my engine to monitor rpms while driving, a habit I developed back when I used to race; so I put a S&B intake in. Very good mellow sound. Only issue Ive had ongoing is squishy feeling steering which the dealership can’t seem to fix (even though I have repeatedly pointed out the bad tie rod and they’ve changed everything but that TR. Glad to see some miles and hope she keeps on running like new. Gives me hope after reading about all the lifter failures.

PW18USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Good luck, I would never buy a HD truck with over 100k. My guess is, it was road hard and put away wet more than once. Transmission is probably nearing failure and I would bet you have wear metal in your oil. Do a oil analysis ASAP....
I dont remember the gentlemen asking your opinion on what he or anyone should buy. Stay in the correct lane. Being negative to someone after a purchase is rude. How about a simple congrats?

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I run 305/55-20 Wranglers with the kevlar. I run them at 55/50 fr/rr. When I pull my 5th wheel, I bump the rear up to 65. (Max pressure for that tire) and still has the weight rating to handle the load. I used alphaOBD to change the threshold setting to match the tires. I also replaced the rear coils with air springs. I recommend getting a pedal commander. It’ll make response so much better. Like going from a rhino on the interstate to a ballerina. I big beefy ballerina, but you get what I’m saying. I also like hearing my engine to monitor rpms while driving, a habit I developed back when I used to race; so I put a S&B intake in. Very good mellow sound. Only issue Ive had ongoing is squishy feeling steering which the dealership can’t seem to fix (even though I have repeatedly pointed out the bad tie rod and they’ve changed everything but that TR. Glad to see some miles and hope she keeps on running like new. Gives me hope after reading about all the lifter failures.

Thanks for the advise. I do have a hikeit x9 throttle controller in it that I brought over from my 1500. It does the same thing as the pedal commander. Your right about the difference in throttle response as it is a completely different animal with it on.
What all is involved with getting the alphaOBD? I’ll probably do something like that. I had the JScan OBD for my 2011 ram but it was only good for 09-12 model years and loved the functionality of it.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I dont remember the gentlemen asking your opinion on what he or anyone should buy. Stay in the correct lane. Being negative to someone after a purchase is rude. How about a simple congrats?

Amen to that!! Thank you!!

Gotjeepomaha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
Looks like my 2018 w/6.4 Hemi, picked it up last Feb with 18miles on it. I feel like at $34K, i stole it. Added steps, remote start and med flaps. Later found some new car take of 20's. Pretty happy thus far.

East0352

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
What all is involved with getting the alphaOBD? I’ll probably do something like that. I had the JScan OBD for my 2011 ram but it was only good for 09-12 model years and loved the functionality of it.

For alphaOBD you will need an OBD tether or Bluetooth to laptop or bluetooth to android. I chose the wired version as the Bluetooth one I had was a pain to get to link via Bluetooth. There is a dedicated forum for the program. way too much info for this post. You will need your truck’s PIN also to reset TPMS threshold as you will need to reset the RF. Sorry if my info isn’t 100%. Its been a year since I messed with it.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
Looks like my 2018 w/6.4 Hemi, picked it up last Feb with 18miles on it. I feel like at $34K, i stole it. Added steps, remote start and med flaps. Later found some new car take of 20's. Pretty happy thus far.

What trim level? That's around what I paid for a tradesman 18 leftover last March. If yours is a loaded Laramie or something I'm gonna be pissed. Lol

TXTONKA

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice Truck Congrats... Definitely looks like the prior owner took care of the truck.. I'd bet most of the miles are all highway miles. In that condition it's hard to believe it's had much abuse.

I'm going to guess with he steel rims you have a ST or possibly a Big Horn model. With a little DIY time and the Alfa OBD you can upgrade a lot of options.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nice Truck Congrats... Definitely looks like the prior owner took care of the truck.. I'd bet most of the miles are all highway miles. In that condition it's hard to believe it's had much abuse.

I'm going to guess with he steel rims you have a ST or possibly a Big Horn model. With a little DIY time and the Alfa OBD you can upgrade a lot of options.

Thanks. Yeah I think so with the miles. It is an ST model.
I’ll make it my own in no time with a few mods here and there. Just had the front windows tinted this week plus put a throttle controller from my last truck in it.
ac2a92b0b0b2c6d278ddac827cb8b78b.jpg

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Man, I've been looking at the Power Wagons before I bough my 2019 1500, That is one great looking Rig and set up, bet you it was a highway King, Mileage for that truck and condition are nothing!! This is a great place to be.

OP
OP
buckeyexx

buckeyexx

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Man, I've been looking at the Power Wagons before I bough my 2019 1500, That is one great looking Rig and set up, bet you it was a highway King, Mileage for that truck and condition are nothing!! This is a great place to be.

Oh I looked at the power wagons too. I love everything about them but the price tag.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm surprised you even made it off the lot then!

You can tell by the overall appearance how a truck has been driven. People who dont take care of them, simply don't take care of them. Meaning they never clean them, wash them, perform maintenance, or care about fixing any damage. Generally, if a truck has been abused, it looks abused.
I don't know about that. Some folks own 2500s because they use them as trucks as much as daily drivers and aren't concerned about washing them.

hotkarl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Semi-Hemi
I don't know about that. Some folks own 2500s because they use them as trucks as much as daily drivers and aren't concerned about washing them.

Yeah. I know guys with trucks that LOOK like they fell off a cliff and burst into flames, but are meticulously maintained mechanically.

Mountaineer83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Yeah. I know guys with trucks that LOOK like they fell off a cliff and burst into flames, but are meticulously maintained mechanically.

That is true, but those guys are the ones who keep their trucks until they no longer can operate efficiently. You aren't going to normally find those on a used lot.

TXTONKA

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The great thing about Dodge is you can easily upgrade the ST. My 2010 2500 was a ST with a 6.7, and it was one of the best trucks I’ve owned. Since it didn’t have the upgraded radio I didn’t mind putting in a nice aftermarket one.