Upgrade to towing mirrors which match functionality of my non-towing mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Good morning, first time poster here. I have recently purchased a 2014 2500 Longhorn which has power folding/heated/power mirrors and since we are looking to primarily use it for towing our camper I want to get the OEM towing mirrors which will have all of the same functions.
I purchased passenger side which one of the online dealers told me it was power/heated but looks like the connector pigtails are missing half the wires compared to my mirror and it didn't fold nor was able to be power adjusted.

Does anyone know if
a. this is possible with just finding the part numbers of the mirrors which have all these functions without any additional parts? I can understand if I had a base model truck with limited mirror functions and was trying to update to more functions but isn't it basically the same mirror in a different form factor?

b. if the above isn't possible, how are aftermarket mirrors "guaranteed" to work?

Thanks

heatoncm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am also looking for the tow mirrors. I have found oem mirrors but they don’t list features. Only replacement part numbers.

Elvira

Reaction score
i am replacing my non power fold tow mirrors with power fold tow mirrors. i have collected everything so far, door modules, mirrors, drivers door switch and alpha software with the obd link. I think you will be in the plug and play situation because you already have everything in place with that power fold option turned on in the bcm, you may have to turn on the feature that you have tow mirrors in which case you will need the obd mx link and the software. You will need the extra bracket though that is a reinforcement for the weight of the mirrors on both doors, not expensive pieces to get. With-out the brackets, you may experience vibration on mirrors preventing you seeing smooth images and possibly paint cracking or mirror damage. I suggest you ask Benny, he has a profile here as a member and will be able to answer all your questions and perhaps a discount on parts.

Last edited:

Elvira

Reaction score
I left the link, it is the top one AllMoparParts.com...I will add again. Ask your questions for Benny using the link to open profile.