Upgrading muffler from stock...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slbenz600

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L
So I have a 2018 Ram and wanted to upgrade my muffler from stock. I was looking at the Flowmaster 50 Series Delta, but noticed that the Flowmaster 50 specifically said it was "Specifically designed for Dodge trucks with Hemi engines" and the 50 Series Delta did not. Has anyone put either muffler on their truck?

The only thing I see your not doing is without having dual exhaust your money is wasted. Let's look at the issue: you have two cat's cut that smashed gizmo off and install dual 3 inch pipes off from cat's into either an X style muffler or two separate mufflers, so you install from cat's to rear of truck with 3 inch (Preferred stainless steel pipe). X muffler will be a little quieter than dual mufflers you are increasing HP, fuel mileage and power your truck will be fun to drive and you can pass a Honda Civic. That was the most humiliatingly thing a 4 cylinder passes you going up a hill and a 6.4 Hemi can't keep up that is when I done the research and changing mine I increased 5 mpg, the power is unbelievable when I hook up my enclosed trailer with UTV and pass this Civic that had passed me empty before, my pickup is fun to drive great fuel economy and awesome power.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I installed the Carven Competitor series on mine and I don't have the drone so many people complain about ..... I don't know if it's just that people think aftermarket mufflers or exhaust systems are supposed to sound quiet all the time but they won't .....

When cruising around town my truck sounds aggressive but no drone unless I am going up a hill or down one .... when I do smash down on the pedal you can and will hear the aggressiveness of this exhaust ....

Morning cold starts are the best part of the Carven lol ... I back into my garage so when I start her up the Carven resonates throughout the house and the neighbors feel it too lol ....

One thing however that I have noticed is this ... when I am coming to a stop light or stop sign I now feel a hard down shift especially from 4th down to 1st .... Before I installed the Carven I never got that hard down shifting but now I do which I know its because of the exhaust ....