Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie QC (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L eTorque
I'm doing the work and reading the monster thread. Up to page 25. It's dense, but then so am I, ha ha.

If I just get UAS (My18 firmware 18.7 or higher) / replacement hub / hub adapter harness, you anticipate that all steering controls will be retained...even heated seats and steering wheel? Uconnect will be retained? Including handsfree?

Thank you again.

All your steering wheel audio controls will work & handsfree calling will work.

uConnect access via the phone app likely will not work and not be available... New system is Sirius Guardian and would be linked to the original vin. (Wouldn't work with aftermarket radio either).

Heated seats and wheel likely won't work as-is via the radio on screen menus, not will work via the hardware buttons below the radio that you have now. ...

There is a 4c Seat Interface module that Infotainment sells that used to work well for making the radio talk correctly with the older 13-15 BCM/seat Module, but lately people have had problems with it for some reason. @Roman217 @chrisbh17 may have more to add about it.

CustomTronix also makes an "Enzo" front/side Camera add-on Interface module that also has dip switch settings for fixing the communication issues with the 2018 panasonic radios and has been reported to work (maybe a handful of people have tried it).

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

Herb Tarlic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6 3.6L
All your steering wheel audio controls will work & handsfree calling will work.

uConnect access via the phone app likely will not work and not be available... New system is Sirius Guardian and would be linked to the original vin. (Wouldn't work with aftermarket radio either).

Heated seats and wheel likely won't work as-is via the radio on screen menus, not will work via the hardware buttons below the radio that you have now. ...

There is a 4c Seat Interface module that Infotainment sells that used to work well for making the radio talk correctly with the older 13-15 BCM/seat Module, but lately people have had problems with it for some reason. @Roman217 @chrisbh17 may have more to add about it.

CustomTronix also makes an "Enzo" front/side Camera add-on Interface module that also has dip switch settings for fixing the communication issues with the 2018 panasonic radios and has been reported to work (maybe a handful of people have tried it).

M² Mods.
(via Tapatalk App)

Ok thanks. For 189 EU$ / $225 USD (CustomTronix Enigma Retroactive) I'll live without the software heated seats. Don't have any plans to use the uconnect app.

So I guess I've finalized my OEM option as UAS / 2018 Ram Hub / M^2 Mods Adapter for ~$750. Now I just have to decide if I want OEM or aftermarket.

Appreciate you!