Used my new 2019 as a truck ... Wife couldn't believe it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VernDiesel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
3767B934-E1F4-484C-B182-D7BED72A9638.jpeg
2,900 pounds of tile on a 4th gen 1500 with air bags E load tires and pushed to the front edge of the 6.4 bed quad cab. Short hall daughter called Dad to the rescue it broke their little trailer halfway home.

Truck has also towed & carried 15,800 combined vehicle weight. (15,950 max for 4th gen) 2014 Ecodiesel used commercially to transport TTs & boats Mfgs to dealerships. 540,000 miles. Nothing wrong with using a 1500 to work within its ratings. Sometimes I’m a lil over. :)

PS should of had a side shot but with bags & E loads it still carried a slight rake & tires looked normal. Stopped & drove fine to but didn’t go far or fast.

jackham

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Well this weekend my "fancy" truck got its first challenge. Like some of you here no matter how fancy the truck I get a truck to work as a truck when a truck is called for. So we stopped to get my wife's fertilizer for the house yard so since I was at Cenex AG I just had them throw my pasture fertilizer on. So 2.400 lbs later my air suspension 1500 hemi motored down the road with not a care in the world, but slowly as its the tires that probably were not up to the task but they are brand new so... My wife actually said out loud..."Wow, this Ram acts like it doesn't even have a load"....I was proud.

Also now after putting in a couple of days work and having previously used the 2011 Ford Tail gate step I can say I will take the Ram side step as it works with the gate up or down, and you can back right up to the tail gate end which you couldn't do with the Ford step. The only place I see I will miss the tailgate step is loading bales and I stopped making my own hay last year, so no problem. Also much easier to deploy and put back into place.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
JACKHAM: U have a link to the Ram side step and a PIC????

OP
OP
Gen3CoupeTX

Gen3CoupeTX

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Someone mentioned the ride quality ... My truck has the best ride of any vehicle I currently own. Also the only one that could tow any of the others with ease. That's a hell of a combination! But scratches in the bed? Makes me queasy just thinking about it ;-)

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't really ask much of the 'truck' portion of pickups. I never used my SRT-10 as a truck, so I thought I'd break this new Ram in with a proper outing. I couldn't even tell the 1,100 pounds of rock was there. And yes, I know you don't need blankets and spongy things when you have a bed liner, but it made me feel better. Really liking the Ram life so far.
NR5KeHJ.jpg

Maybe a rubber mat would help out the bed a little better then a blanket just saying

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes SAFETY! I guarantee you no Chrysler 200, 300, Prius or whatever will fare as good against a 300lb hog or a deer or GOD forbid a moose or reindeer for some of our more Northerly members than a full size truck with a frame will. I've seen cars get taken out down here by a lowly alligator where I have personally drove over the top of several with little to no damage. Most cars don't have **** for ground clearance either enough to drive over a beer can much less an animal. I will never drive a car again unless its a Charger/Challenger/muscle car for weekend fun gas prices be damned.

OP
OP
Gen3CoupeTX

Gen3CoupeTX

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe a rubber mat would help out the bed a little better then a blanket just saying
That did occur to me as I was looking around the garage for old blankets. That they smelled like my dog made them 'outside use only' items.

GolfandBoat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Before Truck:
Me: We should get a truck.
Wife: Why?
Me: It would be useful.
Wife: eh, buy it you really think so but I dont see how much use we would really get.

After Truck:
Wife: Go to the nursery, I just ordered $900 worth of landscaping material you need to install. Next weekend we are cleaning out the basement. You can launch the boat this year instead of the Marina doing it. Bring this load of stuff to my parents house. I just found (random bulky item) on Craigslist go pick it up. I told the dance studio you would take all the props to the recital...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Beltsand

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A (prior 2010,2019,2022)
Engine
Cummins
Have to laugh! Have a truck for hunting and general stuff around the house like bulk landscaping and furniture. When I got the new one, my wife asked me if I was going to use it that way still. I bought a truck to be a truck! Still like it to look good though :)