V6 Electric Fan Wiring question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
No, it was going to require way more work than I wanted to invest, so I returned it back to Dodge and im going to order the TYC fan just for the shroud and use my existing efan motor/blades and place it in the new shroud.

I don't think you'll be able to do that. You'll see when you get your TYC. If you can make it work more power to you. I found splicing two wires a hell of a lot easier.

http://www.ramforum.com/f44/clutch_fan_delete_writeup-89646/

Atincup

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You are saying I can't remove the motor/blades to replace the TYC one? I don't care about the connector, I am more worried about longevity and no vibrations.

That's pretty much what I'm saying. I try not to use "can't", in my vocabulary, because where there's a will there's a way, but why go through the trouble when the V6 fan is literally a direct replacement minus splicing two wires? I would sooner splice two wires with crimp connectors than disassemble two fans and try to make one out of two.

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's pretty much what I'm saying. I try not to use "can't", in my vocabulary, because where there's a will there's a way, but why go through the trouble when the V6 fan is literally a direct replacement minus splicing two wires? I would sooner splice two wires with crimp connectors than disassemble two fans and try to make one out of two.

True, I have just heard of people complaining about the longevity of the aftermarket Efans.

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
True, I have just heard of people complaining about the longevity of the aftermarket Efans.

It was $90. If it lasts two years I'm happy. These were OEM on the V6 trucks. I have faith that it'll last a lot longer than that.

Geo2slow4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My tyc fan lasted about 3 or 4 months. I know alot of other people have had better luck. So I spent $$$ and got a mopar fan. It definitely pulls alot more air.

OP
OP
Kotta390

Kotta390

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My tyc fan lasted about 3 or 4 months. I know alot of other people have had better luck. So I spent $$$ and got a mopar fan. It definitely pulls alot more air.

Do you have a part number? A link to where you got yours?

nickpohlaandp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just ordered a TYC fan. BTW what splices did you use on your wires? Do you happen to know what gauge wire it is?

I used yellow splices. I believe the wire is 8 or 10 gauge. The wires on the fan are one gauge down from the wires on the truck. After I did my crimp splices I used heat shrink to seal from the elements. Probably not necessary, but I had it so I used it.

Ramhead1911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 5.7 Hemi with mods
Hello All, I am going to do this swap, thank you all for the info. Can anyone post about results about how it is working a fews years later?