V6 Engine Section - Test Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
This is a test.

Any verified member here should be able to post a new thread here.

More info to follow after we test and review the site software settings.

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
So I rate my new V6 4X4 Ram as the nicest truck I've ever had, to date---not intended to demean anyone else's truck. I'm thinking it handles so well up here in the mountains because the little lightweight V6 is all Aluminum and it sits back thus moving the CoG (Center-of-Gravity) back towards the middle, no? Maybe the Hemi trucks handle great too?

Thus I questions:
1. Does anyone out there have weight figures for the 3.6l V6 engine as installed and the 5.7l Hemi's as installed?
2. I read in various places about "Electric Power Steering" and skid plates for the same. But I look at the steering my truck (2019 Warlock) and what I see looks like standard Rack-and-pinion steering gear, no power assist. Am I missing something? Is there some electric motor hidden away in there?

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
This is a test.

Any verified member here should be able to post a new thread here.

More info to follow after we test and review the site software settings.

Hi MADDOG, So there was V6 engine "Permanent Threads" (if I label that correctly, no computer high proficiency claims here) started in the 4th and 5th Gen areas already. Are you thinking of moving or combining them into this new thread? No complaints here, I'm happy to see the responses from the Moderators, that makes this the best forum I've seen, seriously. Happy, happy, joy, joy, as Stimpy would say.

And since this Memorial Day weekend, Thanks for your SERVICE! to MADDOG and all the others who served, those still with us and those beyond, young and old, male and female, peacetime and not. Bless you all! :patriot:

Last edited:
OP
OP
MADDOG

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Several members have reported that they can not put up a new thread in the 4th Gen or 5th Gen V6 sections.

So I attempted to post a new thread in each. It worked here but it was a No Go in the 4th Gen section.

We recognize there is an issue with creating new threads in each section and we are working to rectify that issue.

There won't be any moving or combining of threads necessary. We did find and move many V6 engine threads right after both sections were created. We are simply trying to get both sections open to accept new threads.