V6 Ram owners what is your MPG??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Even after owning this truck for almost 4 years, it still amazes me. I'm begining to think the warmer the weather the better gas mileage it gets. This was snapped on my way to work thursday. It has shattered my previous 28.4 top number by .8 miles per gallon. All I can say, is I leave a following distance in front, and don't gas/brake like most lemmings that just follow the butt of the car in front of them. I look down the road to anticipate slow traffic and coast to it. The benefits are less brake shoe wear, transmission wear, tire wear and phenomenal gas mileage! I'm wondering if as I approach 20k miles, the engine is finally getting broken in. As I haven't really driven any differently in a few years, I can't explain this high mileage happening now any other way.

I have a tradesman quad cab 1500.
Factory 17 inch tires, standard suspension. 2 inch rear spring lowering kit.
Trifold tonnou cover
I run wally full synthetic 5w20 and a mopar filter.
Change oil every 3000 miles.
The wally oil is cheap, almost the same as conventional oil.
I'm amassed at the mpg numbers being reported from a lot of V6 being not one of my wife's 3 Journeys her last one 2018 would get more then 23.2 mpg hand calculated using 87 gas with no ethanol ( on flat Midwest hwy at speeds between 55-65 mph) the journey has less weight, is more aero then the 1500 trucks, as for the oil I used in the 2018 was 0w20 PUP with stock 17 inch tires. BTW my wife and I have lots of practice at hypermilling as we both liked to see who could get the best mpg and that was when gas was $2.20...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm amassed at the mpg numbers being reported from a lot of V6 being not one of my wife's 3 Journeys her last one 2018 would get more then 23.2 mpg hand calculated using 87 gas with no ethanol ( on flat Midwest hwy at speeds between 55-65 mph) the journey has less weight, is more aero then the 1500 trucks, as for the oil I used in the 2018 was 0w20 PUP with stock 17 inch tires. BTW my wife and I have lots of practice at hypermilling as we both liked to see who could get the best mpg and that was when gas was $2.20...
SO, are U gonna do the new Hypermilling, where you find a big semi, hook up a chain, turn truck on, put in neutral, and be pulled to save on fuel??? Kinda like kids on skateboards getting pulled around on city streets, LOL.
:33::anitoof::favorites37::untitled::joke:

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
SO, are U gonna do the new Hypermilling, where you find a big semi, hook up a chain, turn truck on, put in neutral, and be pulled to save on fuel??? Kinda like kids on skateboards getting pulled around on city streets, LOL.
:33::anitoof::favorites37::untitled::joke:
Had not heard of the new way to hypermill o_O I have lot of experience on distant drafting Semis ( use drive long haul) but not stupid enough to put an auto trans in to N to try to save fuel, now if was my old manual 5 speed yep I could go to N going down long grades but I also have brains to know when it was not safe to do so...

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had not heard of the new way to hypermill o_O I have lot of experience on distant drafting Semis ( use drive long haul) but not stupid enough to put an auto trans in to N to try to save fuel, now if was my old manual 5 speed yep I could go to N going down long grades but I also have brains to know when it was not safe to do so...
Just a joke Suh, just a joke... (tongue in cheek humor, do not take literally). Nobody doing any hyper ne thing on TX Interstates, everybody running 5-20 mph over, LOL. Even on IH 35, I have to run 80 to not get run over, lol... I do manage to get over 20 mpg on Hwy, as long as keep "foot outta carburetor". Cruise is certainly my friend in TX, except around Austin. U can be doing 80-85, and get down to 15 mph or lower mighty quick.

06 Dodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L CTD
Just a joke Suh, just a joke... (tongue in cheek humor, do not take literally). Nobody doing any hyper ne thing on TX Interstates, everybody running 5-20 mph over, LOL. Even on IH 35, I have to run 80 to not get run over, lol... I do manage to get over 20 mpg on Hwy, as long as keep "foot outta carburetor". Cruise is certainly my friend in TX, except around Austin. U can be doing 80-85, and get down to 15 mph or lower mighty quick.
I got to was a Joke guess I need to learn to let other know I knew it was a joke

Jim Carelas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L V6
Average around town 18.5 to 19.5 (AC the determiner) on the Freeway at 75 MPH I did 21.5 MPG (with the Auto Throttle on). That's the best for me. Could have gotten 22 MPG if I did 70 MPH.

mshamel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
21 Warlock, 3.55 diff, truck is leveled (2.5" front 1" rear) and rides on 265/70/17 AT's
I average 17 in the city and 20-21 on the highway