V6 Triton Extreme Switchback resistor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I want to get the V6 Triton Extreme switchbacks for my turn signals, but given past experience (parking light out) with other switchbacks before I just avoided it. I understand AlfaOBD can only do so much, so VLEDS offers resistors for them without the need for splicing (in certain cases).
Link of the VLR-6 resistor: https://www.vleds.com/accessories/vlr-resistors/vlr-6-duotap-wp.html
Is this resistor enough to prevent such error?

OP
OP
R

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've placed an order for them today and I will provide an update if the said resistor included with the switchback turn signals does the job.

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When I installed my switchbacks, only way I could get rid of the error without adding resistors was to set my turn signal as the drl. Since, I've had no issues, and no resistors.

OP
OP
R

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
When I installed my switchbacks, only way I could get rid of the error without adding resistors was to set my turn signal as the drl. Since, I've had no issues, and no resistors.
The Triton V6 Turn Signals work fine. Needed to turn on LED Front Parking lights and LED Front Turn Signals with AlfaOBD. The resistor also helps keeps it from hyperflashing but the truck is still giving me a "parking light out" message. It seems that my truck does not like switchbacks at all!

hunterdan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Triton V6 Turn Signals work fine. Needed to turn on LED Front Parking lights and LED Front Turn Signals with AlfaOBD. The resistor also helps keeps it from hyperflashing but the truck is still giving me a "parking light out" message. It seems that my truck does not like switchbacks at all!
Have you set the front turn signals as the drl like I said?

OP
OP
R

Rotciv

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Have you set the front turn signals as the drl like I said?
Yes I did. Really like the white DRL with an adapter that VLEDS provided. The issue happens when it gets dark and the headlights come on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963