Vacuum Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ed The Mechanic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L or 360 cu in
After replacing vacuum lines under hood still do not get vents to defrost floor and basically all ports not opening air will circulate in box, but not out to needed openings. The switch on panel at one time was damaged and knob was repaired so it was able to switch to different openings I'm thinking that my switch needs replaced. Any other opinions? I noticed that on the Forum not to many 1994 RAMS don't get discussed, also to get to any of the blend door actuators is crazy is there any help in this matter too?

Mop

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Besides the lines under the hood, have you run new lines to the back of the climate controls? Check that, and the main connection behind the controls. Something in the lines could be cracked, but hidden.

OP
OP
E

Ed The Mechanic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 L or 360 cu in
If it is Check Valve since truck is so old 1994 is it better to get check valve from dealer are what is number on valve are can a universal one just as good? Also next project is changing Vacuum line to back of control is planned as well looking forward.