Vararam and Oil Catch Can Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats!

You do clean work and that's a great video. Thanks for that!

Last edited:

jay c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks awesome man, congrats. Correct me if I'm wrong tho, but with that t from your pcv line your sucking dirty oily air that would other wise be clean air from the intake filter or breather filter. May or may not be an issue.

Don't mean to be a buzz kill man, just trying to help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jleach76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That looks awesome man, congrats. Correct me if I'm wrong tho, but with that t from you pcv line your sucking dirty oily air that would other wise be clean are from the intake filter or breather filter. May or may not be an issue.

Don't mean to be a buzz kill man, just trying to help.

It's the same as the PCV Valve. It is going in to the catch can first. I belive it is all vapors which would be the same as going to the air filter first.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Yeah, I believe you can do away with the T and use a little vent cone filter. Where as that just vents, I think you are now sucking air out of it which is not how its designed I dont think. Its piped into your airbox for emissions as it occasionally spits oil, but i think your not suppose to introduce vacuum there. Im sure there is a scientific explanation for this. If it were me I would just stick a little air filter on it. you may be screwing with the evap system with the way its set up.

OP
OP
J

jleach76

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK the hose I teed in to the pcv hose use to go to the air filter which sucks air. So instead just venting to the air I went ahead and teed it to my pcv hose so it is doing the same as if it went to the oem air box.