Vararam Pre Filter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Firefighter14

Firefighter14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I may of have left the Ram family for now but I’m glad to see that my little bit of research here has helped some people out. Does any one have any longer term updates on the filter?

Devildog8791

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I just ordered a black one for my orange lid. I like the picture on their website. I thought about the orange one, but I didn't want to take away from the Hemi Orange on the lid.

Jr82murray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone had issue with the vararam filter not sealing on the bottom,mine doesn't seal at the 2 front corners,FYI sorry for hijacking the thread,I'm new

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Has anyone had issue with the vararam filter not sealing on the bottom,mine doesn't seal at the 2 front corners,FYI sorry for hijacking the thread,I'm new
Yes I have, it's the reason I got rid of mine. It got to the point I would have to check it every time I drove the truck.....

Jr82murray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok thank you, I got mine from summit about 3 weeks ago and noticed dust behind the filter,think I'm going to return it,next question,s&b or Volant or k&n

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ok thank you, I got mine from summit about 3 weeks ago and noticed dust behind the filter,think I'm going to return it,next question,s&b or Volant or k&n
No problem. I know there are people that have had 0 issues with the Vararam but I certainly did as well as you. How tight do you have the wing nuts? I found I had to tighten mine down way more than they said to in order to keep the filter from popping out like that. You could also contact Vararam directly, they are really easy to work with.

I've had most of the intakes offered for these trucks including the S&B and Volant. Of those personally I would stay away from the K&N. The S&B is a good intake, it's just it makes working on the truck a pain because its not easy to remove. The Volant is much easier to remove but the fitment isn't the best. The older S&B is better because it's more modular which makes it easier to work on the truck and has a tube that goes down towards the bumper. But they're getting hard to find...

Jr82murray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I basically push down on the lid and then give the wing nuts a couple turns after they touch,I'm new to the hemi/ram world so I'm trying to absorb all the info I can,thank you for taking the time

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avurado