Vibration in 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You should try 4wheel auto in the rain if you want. Regular 4wd not for rain and not super high speed, not enough slip.
It shouldn't matter whether he was in Auto or 4X4 Lock(especially not with the BW44-44) going down the road straight even on dry pavement it should be smooth. I've towed a trailer at 55ph in 4X4 Lock(BW44-45) smooth as could be. Forgot I was still in 4X4 until I turned into the corner and heard the front wheels scrubbing.
Driveline binding due to lack of "slip" that happens while turning is something entirely different from vibration while driving down the road.

MBORO19RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Mine vibrates in Auto 4WD when taking off from a stop and while under load. It shouldn't, but it does.

OP
OP
M

MiamiMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi w/ torque
Sales - yes you to death until you write the check.

Service - No you to death until you leave.

RAMCares is clearly on these forums, you would think they might be able relay your (and mine, and many others) negative experiences to someone that actually cares to fix it, but so far not so much.
You're too nice. What was to point of making an appointment? I would have cornered the manager to tell him that HIS service writer is an idiot and is telling you to not use the 4wd on your 4wd. I would have been in the show room to tell the sales man that I enjoyed doing business with them but their service department are *****. But I'm old and don't tolerate idiots anymore.

Your truck should run smooth in 4wd. I just ran my 3500HD 200 miles across the PA turnpike today in 4wd. It was a mess with this winter storm of snow/sleet/ice rain, and lots of slush.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

So I did let the manager know and I did relay that I made an appointment. I also let them know there are three other dealers closer to my house. Relayed the same exact message to the sales rep.

But I'm not going to waste my time fighting. I learned about that service department and will work more closely with the one by my house.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I did let the manager know and I did relay that I made an appointment. I also let them know there are three other dealers closer to my house. Relayed the same exact message to the sales rep.

But I'm not going to waste my time fighting. I learned about that service department and will work more closely with the one by my house.

Good luck, hopefully that one works out better for you.

tourrider

Grumpy
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7

Good job! I do understand not wasting any energy on that dealership. Good that you learned about them before they laid a wrench on it.

Hope you can get the issue resolved soon.

OP
OP
M

MiamiMike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 Hemi w/ torque
Good job! I do understand not wasting any energy on that dealership. Good that you learned about them before they laid a wrench on it.

Hope you can get the issue resolved soon.

Appreciate it. I don’t want to use this forum for a ***** session...if a dealer isn’t going to even take a new truck for a drive when a customer is saying something doesn’t feel right then they just won’t get my business. No stress here...and those service departments are $$$$$ makers for them.

Too many options in Miami.

@RamCares ... feel free to reach out. My next appt is in a couple days at another dealer.

SCOOBY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hello all, first post on the site.
I just bought a 2020 Tradesman 6.4L 2500 quad cab (new). Mine shakes crazy in 4x4 high at low speeds upon any significant acceleration!
I was driving in 7" of snow and feels like the truck is going to break in two!
I have owned many 4x4 vehicles and this isn't right!
I have an appt. at the dealership on Friday.