Vibration When Backing Out Of My Garage After Truck Sits Overnight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rldefelice

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
After my truck sits in my garage overnight, I get a subtle, short duration vibration when backing out of my garage. There are no sounds loud enough for me to hear and I noticed it about 5 months or so ago. I have about 15,000 miles on the truck.

All is good as I back out straight from my garage. The vibration happens after turning the steering wheel hard-like to the left, but not to the full stop of turning the steering wheel. I feel the vibration in the gas and brake pedals, but not sure if I can feel it in the steering wheel. The vibration happens for about 3 to 5 seconds and then stops. Same happens if I turn the steering wheel to the right. Once the vibration stops, it does not happen again (I have tested multiple times after vibration stops). I have tried to replicate it after leaving the truck parked for only a few hours and I cannot replicate the vibration.

The dealer service department cannot replicate it, but I recognize this is a tough one for them to replicate.

Any ideas as to what might be going on?

OP
OP
R

rldefelice

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if it is the same as LSD, but I have an Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle. I’ll check out the issue you noted. Thanks!

Dan90

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Your window sticker should explicitly say it's Limited Slip. If it doesn't, then you do not have it.

Is your speed and RPM consistent each time this happens? Something to track if you are not sure.

My initial thought without knowing the severity of the "vibration" is resonance, vibration frequencies matching up leading to noise. This could be a long shot though and assumes everything is functioning as it should...

OP
OP
R

rldefelice

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dan90: It does not say Limited Slip and that is where I got the Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle information. Yes, speed and RPM are consistent every time. Everything is functioning as it should and was confirmed by the dealer service department today. I had a similar thought as you regarding resonance and vibration frequencies playing a part in this issue and maybe that is what I am sensing. However, this only started recently relative to the time I have had the truck. I would say at about 12,000 with the truck being at about 15,000 now.