Vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stubby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
New to here and Ram, just got a 2019 Ram Big Horn 15000 miles. Had it back to the dealer twice now because of a vibration. Tires were balanced both times and said to be good. Service representative said it was from the engine when it goes into eco mode. Anyone else have this issue? Thanks

bm02tj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Next trip hit gear down when up to cruise so you are in 8th gear and it will not go into ECO
if you have the vibration you now know it is not ECO

Don2758

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same problem here with a 2020 Laramie 6000 miles. Tires rebalanced, no better, road force balanced, no better. Dealership said no bent rim, no bad tire. No problem. But there is. Feels like a bad tire. I feel it at 40mph then worse at 60-65. I guess I'll take it to Firestone..If not fixed I'll lemon law their ***. Done it before.

Don2758

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
But I should have said I love this truck. I traded a '18 Big Horn for this one. Feels like a completely different truck.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
There have been reports of "out of balance" drive shafts causing vibrations. Not sure how to test that, but might be worth a look-see.

Don2758

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: I took it to Firestone. They re road force balanced and checked the tires however that's done. All ok. Waited two weeks for Dodge service mgr. to return my text. Contacted Chrysler care got a case # made an appt. with a different dealer about a week from today.
The vibration seems to start or get more notieable after the suspension extends, body rises. We'll see. Don

DUNDEE280

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I have same problem, even swapped tires no fix. 2021 Laramie dually 5000miles

Lee Pedrick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Same problem here with a 2020 Laramie 6000 miles. Tires rebalanced, no better, road force balanced, no better. Dealership said no bent rim, no bad tire. No problem. But there is. Feels like a bad tire. I feel it at 40mph then worse at 60-65. I guess I'll take it to Firestone..If not fixed I'll lemon law their ***. Done it before.
Same problem here. 2022 2500 long bed. tires checked,,ok,,, right around 50 thru 60 mph. Its suttle. Sounds like A diesel freight engine going slow.

SaintlySins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I suggest getting the brake rotors checked for warping.

I've been racing cars for decades. If we have the wheels and tires right, the next thing is checking the brake rotors. If the rotors are very hot and they hit a puddle, the steel will warp. I'm not saying this is the answer in your scenario - but it's been the culprit for almost every vibration we've had once the wheels and tires were eliminated as cause. Because it's a newer vehicle it has a braking system that pressurizes the lines and in turn my slightly affect the caliper/pads to migrate toward the rotor just enough that you feel the grazing of the pads against the rotor.

If not that, move onto the drive shafts. Have someone look for replaced suspension parts which might be a sign that the suspension (in turn drive shaft & bearings) took a hit.

Hope that helps and you find remedy soon.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The truth is, Dodge Dealerships do not have any formal training on the Hunter Road Force Balance Machine, most dealers have that machine.

If they sent a Technician to learn how to properly run it, they would have to give them a raise

I don't let the dealership touch my tires or wheels, they even screw up my air pressure when i go in for service