VIN decode in detail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerry Fortenberry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I would like to decode the VIN to learn more about my new 2020 Ram 1500 Classic. I have used a couple of the websites suggested and they do provide quite a bit of detail. I would like even more detailed info. In my old Chevy's you would get numbers from a tag inside the glove box. Does Ram offer anything like that ? Thanks

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
not sure there is much more detailed information than a build sheet which you can get using your vin

392DevilDog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Your VIN is going to tell you make model year and configuration. Bed size cab size engine

The build sheet will give you all the info.

There is nothing more than that.

The window sticker will show standard and then the optional. I guess that is a bit more lol

marcush

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6
I have a follow-on question. The VIN Decoder does not recognize the VIN on my 2019 1500 Classic Warlock.

It returns this message "This VIN does not appear to be valid"

The Buildsheet servlet: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
returns "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided"

Various other commercial VIN decoders ID it as a tradesman. However most of the package information is wrong as to trim level and accessories. I.E power mirrors, Heated seats, etc.

KBB, GivemetheVin, don't recognize te VIN

The window sticker indicated the same VIN as what is on the vehicle, the title, etc all match, but so far nothing else matches at all. THoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
I have a follow-on question. The VIN Decoder does not recognize the VIN on my 2019 1500 Classic Warlock.

It returns this message "This VIN does not appear to be valid"

The Buildsheet servlet: https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
returns "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided"

Various other commercial VIN decoders ID it as a tradesman. However most of the package information is wrong as to trim level and accessories. I.E power mirrors, Heated seats, etc.

KBB, GivemetheVin, don't recognize te VIN

The window sticker indicated the same VIN as what is on the vehicle, the title, etc all match, but so far nothing else matches at all. THoughts?
Make sure you are using capitol letters, if you cut pasted make sure there are no spaces before of after the digits. Double check the numbers make sure you did not mistake like a 3 for a B or something(just saying)

heefageLA

Reaction score
Ram Year
05, 14, 17, 20, 23
On the Build Sheet mine says "Heavy Duty Engine Cooling", does that mean I have the Trans and Oil coolers?