VIN not recognized....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Try this link, add your vin after the equal sign:

https://www.ramtrucks.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=

And try this one too, same way (add vin after equal sign):

https://www.ramtrucks.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

It must be all caps in these URLs to work. This wont show recalls but it will at least indicate the VIN is valid.

Well one of those worked and one didn’t. The window sticker one didn’t work but the build sheet matched the info on my original window sticker.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Strange.

Does the build sheet say anything about Canada?

if you Google the same VIN do you get any hits?

OP
OP
W

Woody968

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Tried the Mopar site again with nothing found. Tried the nhtsa site and it returned one recall needing repair.

I could see hitting a wrong button once, maybe twice, but I have entered that vin enough to almost have it memorized and only twice has it been recognized.

Oh well, guess I’ll contact the dealer and see about getting it fixed.

Robert Mance

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
I also bought a used 2016 1500. The VIN on the window sticker and the door don't match! I forget now which one actually works. It's off by one letter! Even the dealer is stumped on this one. For now it hasn't caused me any issues ... but for some reason I see something biting me in the butt in the future (sigh)

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The VIN number should be imprinted on the truck in various spots, IIRC. I would rely more on the VINs you find imprinted into the truck than the one on the window sticker (window stickers are a gray area - they dont necessarily come on the truck from the factory and will be printed at-will by a dealer)

I could swear I saw it stamped into somewhere in the engine compartment....inner fenders perhaps?

Ram1967

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a similar issue with my 2014. Make sure the zero is actually a zero and not the letter O or vice Versa. Once I corrected that the Vin number popped up fine

Ransom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
VMI 3.0 TD
the letters O and I are not used in VINs

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio