Voltage change for headlamp help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taderz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone have a question for all you experienced alpha guys. I am having issues with my hid high beams and have seen several comments about changing the voltage but haven't seen how to do that yet lol. Can anyone steer me in the right direction please?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey everyone have a question for all you experienced alpha guys. I am having issues with my hid high beams and have seen several comments about changing the voltage but haven't seen how to do that yet lol. Can anyone steer me in the right direction please?
If you are using HIDs for the high beams you should switch them out for LEDs. HID bulbs aren't meant for high beam applications due to their warm up time.

OP
OP
T

taderz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you are using HIDs for the high beams you should switch them out for LEDs. HID bulbs aren't meant for high beam applications due to their warm up time.
Yes I know the downside but I only really use them in the woods so that isn't a huge deal to me.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

What issues are you having?

OP
OP
T

taderz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What issues are you having?
They work with key on but after you start the truck they flicker and go off. Already tried setting led and also high intensity on. Neither fixed the issue. I seen several comments about changing voltage from 13 to 13.8 or higher but don't know how to do that. ( in alphaobd)

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
They work with key on but after you start the truck they flicker and go off. Already tried setting led and also high intensity on. Neither fixed the issue. I seen several comments about changing voltage from 13 to 13.8 or higher but don't know how to do that. ( in alphaobd)

Can you share screenshots of your alfasettings?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yes I know the downside but I only really use them in the woods so that isn't a huge deal to me.
Maybe this will help?