Volume STUCK ON MAX!!! as I was backing up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R

Rogues Gambit

Long story short, just got home and was backing up my driveway, ignoring the beeps as I inch close to the garage so I'm not over the curb

Not sure if I hit the volume instead of the transmission or if it just happened, nearly had a heart attack as the volume suffenls went to Max and got staticy

Got out and checked to see if I hit anything, nothing, and it's lapark perfectly now, but even when I go from 0 to 1, still MAXED OUT!

Anyone deal with this before, any suggestions? Thanks in advance

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
My 2018 did this exact thing. Drove home, radio on mute, disconnected the battery and did a 30 minute reset, and all was good. Never did it again.

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

My 2018 did this exact thing. Drove home, radio on mute, disconnected the battery and did a 30 minute reset, and all was good. Never did it again.

Same, though instead of disconnect, had dinner and coffee first, otherwise the same thing

Wonder what causes it?

Chrispycremes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.1
I had the same issue. 2019 new bighorn w 8.4 screen. I plugged my phone in and volume went to max. I couldn't control it. I kept testing and as soon as I turned the volume to 1 max volume. I was pissed.had the truck for 1 month. It cleared on its own after the truck was off for 30 minutes.After that I noticed it just doesn't sound right anymore. It sounds very flat. Bass is there but highs are not that great.I compared it to a friends and heard the difference. they agreed it didn't sound right.I finally was able to bring it in and they replaced the ECB module in the dash because they saw the error. I asked if this would make it sound bad and they said yes. long story short it still sounds like crap to me. I have to call back and let them know. I feel like i'm in for a battle. I dont know how to prove something was damaged due to the blasting volume.

jeffrey.flicek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exactl same thing happened to me today as well. After letting the truck sit for a few hours it is back to normal. Will have to listen carefully for audio quality difference. Gotta love new tech [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lsolo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same thing just happened to me, i hope it resets by morning. Did scare the crap out of me .

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've had a similar issue, but it was a bad contact on the steering wheel volume control.

OP
OP
R

Rogues Gambit

Happened again, as I was backing up (a pinch fast) into a spot (no cars around me)

Good thing it happened then, nearly gave me a heart attack.

Now to see what I can do

BruBaker19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just had the phantom volume problem. 2019 Ram Classic Big Horn. Was programming radio channels, then volume was at LOUD when I spun dial to 1, but not max level. I turned vehicle on and off twice, but problem remained. Tried a soft reset by holding two side buttons but nothing happened on my reset, so no luck. Wife yelled at me and now I am hoping it will resolve itself in the morning. Will try a battery disconnect next. Good forum.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I just had the phantom volume problem. 2019 Ram Classic Big Horn. Was programming radio channels, then volume was at LOUD when I spun dial to 1, but not max level. I turned vehicle on and off twice, but problem remained. Tried a soft reset by holding two side buttons but nothing happened on my reset, so no luck. Wife yelled at me and now I am hoping it will resolve itself in the morning. Will try a battery disconnect next. Good forum.

Hi BruBaker19,
You may need to update your software. To check for available software updates, you can enter your VIN in the following link: https://www.driveuconnect.com/support/software-update.html. If this doesn't help, please send us a private message and we'll be happy to look into this further.

Lydia
RamCares

BruBaker19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I left the truck overnight and the problem went away. I will look into a software update. Great to get the support from RamCares. Quality.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I left the truck overnight and the problem went away. I will look into a software update. Great to get the support from RamCares. Quality.

Thank you for the update, BruBaker19. We're glad this concern worked itself out. We're available should you need any assistance in the future.

Lydia
RamCares

JohnPaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just arrived home from a five hour trip and while changing radio channels my volume turn on to MAXIMUM. (AND I MEAN LOUD)

My wife and I thought that we were sideswiped. It felt like getting hit in the head (I used to play a lot of hockey, so I know what this feels like.)

We were travelling at highway speeds of 100ish km/h and could have easily driven off the road.

I will try the radio in the morning and hope that it disappears. If not I'll go to my dealer after the holiday weekend.

Also, if this matters, my truck is only a few months old.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
I had my 2019 BH Classic in to the dealer a week or so back for this issue. Also my Homelink does not work sometimes... was told they know of this problem and are working on a fix, which will most likely be a software update.
Today I left the truck on accessories with radio playing from a USB stick and noticed every 5 minutes the radio went loud for about 4 or 5 second and then returned to the lower volume level. I sat and timed this as it must have happened 10 times or more, it just kept increasing in volume for a few seconds and then back down... Every 5 minutes. Wife and I sat in chairs on the driveway eating pizza and timing the volume increases.

No Tyme

Reaction score
Ram Year
I just arrived home from a five hour trip and while changing radio channels my volume turn on to MAXIMUM. (AND I MEAN LOUD)
I will try the radio in the morning and hope that it disappears.

When mine did this, it was full blast or mute, no in between... Left radio muted while we did our shopping and when we returned 45 minutes later all was working as it should. Good luck.

Last edited: