Wagner OEX Brake Pads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just replaced my stock brake pads with Wagner OEX pads since they get good reviews here. My stock pads weren't really at the point of needing to be changed, but the fronts were squealing something awful and I was getting tired of hearing them. So far I can tell the Wagners have improved stopping performance...very nice. I hope they also improve on reducing brake dust as well as remaining quiet. Happy with my decision.

I was going to go full out and get a Power Stop or R1 Concept brake kit, but decided just to turn my stock rotors and change pads for now. I may go the full route once my rotors need changing. Anyone considering brake pads should give the Wagner's a look.

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Have never used the ceramic pads, but have used the Wagner MX series at least 8 or 10 times over the years.

Performed excellent, never any issues. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with them.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Change your fluid though, number one overlooked maintenance item.

As for wagner oex, I was surprised how much better stopping they are considering anti lock brakes, noticeably better. I have had them on our rav 4 for a long time now, zero dusting, and I mean absolute zero. To be honest I have blown away by this because usually metallic stop better but you deal with dust. Maybe it is the slotted pads, but for some reason you compromise nothing, great breaking and low dust.

Nutshell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Can’t find these anywhere for my 20. Definitely want to upgrade

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
After having tried a few different brands on my 2006 ram once I tried the wagner severe duty pads was hooked!
amazing hot and cold friction even with repeat high speed stops and when pulling trailers with no noise! long life as well.

brake service every year is the key to long life and good performance!

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Yeah, I forgot to add quiet as hell where our oem metallics where squeaky.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went w R1 E-Line drilled/slotted and their pads. There is so much dust its insane. Ive been waiting for the winter to end so I could switch over to the wagner OEX pads.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I didnt notice a difference with rhe wagner oex.

They do stick or rattle a little, but thats my fault.

OP
OP
gdawg55

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Change your fluid though, number one overlooked maintenance item.

As for wagner oex, I was surprised how much better stopping they are considering anti lock brakes, noticeably better. I have had them on our rav 4 for a long time now, zero dusting, and I mean absolute zero. To be honest I have blown away by this because usually metallic stop better but you deal with dust. Maybe it is the slotted pads, but for some reason you compromise nothing, great breaking and low dust.

Do you think my fluid needs changing at 47K miles?

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Do you think my fluid needs changing at 47K miles?

Yes, go look at it. Most manu's call for brake fluid changes before 47k. FCA is on the wrong side of the recommendations. I'd say 50-60k miles would be right, I wouldn't want to go longer. You can test the fluid, but since it is cheaper to change the fluid then pay for the test, mise will get the dirty fluid out.

OP
OP
gdawg55

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, go look at it. Most manu's call for brake fluid changes before 47k. FCA is on the wrong side of the recommendations. I'd say 50-60k miles would be right, I wouldn't want to go longer. You can test the fluid, but since it is cheaper to change the fluid then pay for the test, mise will get the dirty fluid out.

Gotcha. On my next oil change I'll have them change out the brake fluid. I'm all things Redline so I'll check to see if they have a brake fluid available.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Gotcha. On my next oil change I'll have them change out the brake fluid. I'm all things Redline so I'll check to see if they have a brake fluid available.

redline 600 brake fluid, that is what I use. It can extend the interval over random dot 3 or 4. It is a dot 4, however a dot 4 with a great dry and wet boil temp. Unlike oil, there are many dot 4 oils similar to redline, but generally speaking it also has great value even at 16 bucks a pint, when you compare the cost of other high wet/dry biol brake fluids. You can learn a bit by looking at a comparison chart here. Just find a dot 4, nothing else will do. Dot 3 is compatible, just lower quality.

OP
OP
gdawg55

gdawg55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
redline 600 brake fluid, that is what I use. It can extend the interval over random dot 3 or 4. It is a dot 4, however a dot 4 with a great dry and wet boil temp. Unlike oil, there are many dot 4 oils similar to redline, but generally speaking it also has great value even at 16 bucks a pint, when you compare the cost of other high wet/dry biol brake fluids. You can learn a bit by looking at a comparison chart here. Just find a dot 4, nothing else will do. Dot 3 is compatible, just lower quality.

Thank you sir.

clint440

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just replaced my stock brake pads with Wagner OEX pads since they get good reviews here. My stock pads weren't really at the point of needing to be changed, but the fronts were squealing something awful and I was getting tired of hearing them. So far I can tell the Wagners have improved stopping performance...very nice. I hope they also improve on reducing brake dust as well as remaining quiet. Happy with my decision.

I was going to go full out and get a Power Stop or R1 Concept brake kit, but decided just to turn my stock rotors and change pads for now. I may go the full route once my rotors need changing. Anyone considering brake pads should give the Wagner's a look.

Just finished up the rear this weekend with Wagner OEX pads and Wagner Rotors. I have about 1,500 miles on the front Wagner combo and it made a big difference in stopping power and does seem to dust less. The Wagner rotors are nice that the hat and outside are painted black.