Waiting on my new truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigrig6601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I ordered a new 2022 Big Horn 2500 with Cummings engine the first of July. I was given a VIN and ship date. There hasn’t been any change in more than 3 weeks. Anyone have any ideas? Also is there a way to check on line for status on your ordered truck?

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Just tell yourself I want it to come in around December and it'll probably show up tomorrow. :)

OP
OP
Bigrig6601

Bigrig6601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Lol, your right. Just told the wife a few minutes ago that we will be lucky to see it by December. So maybe your right. Hope so!

OP
OP
Bigrig6601

Bigrig6601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Lol, your right. Just told the wife a few minutes ago that we will be lucky to see it by December. So maybe your right. Hope so!
Your dealer can get you status but nothing really happens for some time, especially since we are experiencing chip shortages.

What's a "Cummings" ?
Same thing as a “Cummins” but w/o the “g” teacher Richard Cranium.

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No idea if you don’t have a vin but I just picked my ‘21 up today. Signed papers on 8/11 and it was already in state, at the port the day I signed, spent 2 1/2 weeks at the rail yard 42 miles from me. Hope your wait isn’t too bad!

OP
OP
Bigrig6601

Bigrig6601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Thank you, same here but I’m thinking November, hope not but it being a 2022 probably so.

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I totally feel your pain but I ordered my 2022 mid July and all I have is a VIN #. :(
Someone gave me this link to check my status.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
that site is about as good as it gets for tracking

When you send in your order, you will often see
Status C, means that they have your order
Status D, means the parts are in Inventory
Status D1 means they have a date & time to begin your build
If all goes well, a couple of days later, your Ram will be loaded onto a Freight Car, or if you live close to the assembly plant, it could be loaded onto a semi truck

Most times if the Ram is built in Michigan, from order to delivery is 8 - 10 weeks
If the Ram is built in Saltillo Mexico, add about 2 weeks to that

I don't work or know anybody that works for the Assembly Plants

Don't be surprised if the FIRST 2022 Heavy Duty Rams that are Customer Orders start being made either last or this week

IF you have received a VIN number for your 2022 Heavy Duty made in Mexico Ram, look at the last numbers of the VIN
That is the Sequential Order that they will be built.

Maybe someone that is waiting on a 2022 Heavy Duty Ram could start a discussion that involves when a Ram's sequential number is delivered.
That way you may be able to estimate when yours will arrive

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
IF you have received a VIN number for your 2022 Heavy Duty made in Mexico Ram, look at the last numbers of the VIN
That is the Sequential Order that they will be built.
Is this different for HD's? For 1500's, the last 6 digits of the VIN are the sequence that the orders were placed, not the order they will be built. Sold orders (customer orders) have priority over dealer orders that are not customer orders. At least that's how it was explained in another 5th gen forum.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
5th Gen site is likely correct
I think they get the Inside Scoop over there

There will be those who ordered the fancy HD Ram, that will have to wait on CHIPs
The more basic HD Rams should be built in the order that they came in.

I read something last week, that would point to the 2022 HD Assembly Plant to start building today, even though it read September 8th

OP
OP
Bigrig6601

Bigrig6601

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I totally feel your pain but I ordered my 2022 mid July and all I have is a VIN #. :(
Someone gave me this link to check my status.
Same here, got my VIN about a month ago with August 25 ship date but nothing….. still same status. It may be November or December before we see our trucks.

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
:( :mad: :( I'm totally feeling like a kid waiting for that fun Christmas present you know is coming but Christmas is soooo far away.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Do your own research
I'll give you two websites, on both sites click on RESOURCES
don't try to communicate with them

&

as you saw, the 2500 & 3500 model Rams for 2022
first day of production was September 9th 2021

Last edited:

Kenton007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi MDS
I ordered mine or the dealer placed the order on Aug 2nd for my 2022 RAM 2500 LONGHORN MEGA CAB 4X4, Ram Box, Level 1 group, with just about every option. Received a Vin and D1 status on Aug 11th. Been inputting the VIN in the link provided on the other post, with no Vin found message. Then checking every day it showed up on the link on Sept 8th with full listing of Truck and Options included all the detailed tracking request from dealer but as of today the dealer has yet to see a delivery date or any further information.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Just so you know the Freight Train starts down in Mexico City
I think in Toluca they load up engines on freight cars.
They follow the track & stop at all the Plants, Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etc Rams are loaded at Saltillo Mexico
The train continues making more stops along the way,
Then it crosses into the USA at the Border Crossing at Eagle Pass Texas

1632472524855.png

mexico-automotive-expansion.jpg

Kenton007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi MDS
I ordered mine or the dealer placed the order on Aug 2nd for my 2022 RAM 2500 LONGHORN MEGA CAB 4X4, Ram Box, Level 1 group, with just about every option. Received a Vin and D1 status on Aug 11th. Been inputting the VIN in the link provided on the other post, with no Vin found message. Then checking every day it showed up on the link on Sept 8th with full listing of Truck and Options included all the detailed tracking request from dealer but as of today the dealer has yet to see a delivery date or any further information.
Got an update from the Dealer "If God willing it will be here by Halloween". Seriously that's the quick email reply from the sales manager.

Stylie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Got an update from the Dealer "If God willing it will be here by Halloween". Seriously that's the quick email reply from the sales manager.
It's almost Halloween any word it'll be here on time?