wanting to add more lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon52

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I own a 2019 2500 6.4 with a 5'' rough country lift with standard rate coil springs. Tire size is 35/12.50/20.
I
m looking to see if there is anything I can do to add more lift instead of taking the lift off I have and starting over. Can I add a ready lift (4.5'' F, 2.5'' R SST lift or 3'' F, 1" R) or another kind of spacer lift that is better. Im looking todo this the right way if it can be done. If it can be done right, what do I need to keep from putting more wear on ball joints and keeping a smooth ride?? Longer shocks, drop down arms etc?IMG_2050.jpg

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
I own a 2019 2500 6.4 with a 5'' rough country lift with standard rate coil springs. Tire size is 35/12.50/20.
I
m looking to see if there is anything I can do to add more lift instead of taking the lift off I have and starting over. Can I add a ready lift (4.5'' F, 2.5'' R SST lift or 3'' F, 1" R) or another kind of spacer lift that is better. Im looking todo this the right way if it can be done. If it can be done right, what do I need to keep from putting more wear on ball joints and keeping a smooth ride?? Longer shocks, drop down arms etc?View attachment 207610

Is that a picture of the truck? post says 6.4 but it looks like a cummins badge on the side...

If so, I'd start by taking the running boards off. Easy and free. will make it look much higher

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I
m looking to see if there is anything I can do to add more lift instead of taking the lift off I have and starting over. Can I add a ready lift (4.5'' F, 2.5'' R SST lift or 3'' F, 1" R) or another kind of spacer lift that is better. Im looking todo this the right way if it can be done. If it can be done right, what do I need to keep from putting more wear on ball joints and keeping a smooth ride?? Longer shocks, drop down arms etc?View attachment 207610

No, you can not do that. If you want more suspension lift, you need to completely replace what you already have.

You could gain another 3” with a body lift, however.

jwin1845

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Sometimes you can get away with doing a level kit on a lift kit but that starts to tax the joints and can cause premature wear. Like olyelr said, body lift or replace the entire kit. sometimes you can get lucky and someone will buy your used lift parts to offset the cost.