Warlock bumper problem??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryBish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey guys I just purchased a 2019 warlock. I’ve noticed two spots on the front bumper that look different. The texture is the same as the rest of the bumper. Am I being too picky? Is this a warranty issue that I can take up with the dealer?

Pics:
https://imgur.com/a/rMgBNdY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haasri

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it was me i would have them give it a look! I wouldn't like it. Do you have a part number for your front plate mount?

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Hey guys I just purchased a 2019 warlock. I’ve noticed two spots on the front bumper that look different. The texture is the same as the rest of the bumper. Am I being too picky? Is this a warranty issue that I can take up with the dealer?

Pics:
https://imgur.com/a/rMgBNdY

Hi @AngryBish - Sorry for the trouble! If you do address this with your dealer, we kindly recommend following up with our Canadian Customer Care team for further support. You may either call 1-800-361-3700 or submit your info at https://forms.chryslercanada.ca/contact/en/contactCCI.php?brand=dodge to receive an email follow up.

Mark
RamCares

OP
OP
A

AngryBish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi @AngryBish - Sorry for the trouble! If you do address this with your dealer, we kindly recommend following up with our Canadian Customer Care team for further support. You may either call 1-800-361-3700 or submit your info at https://forms.chryslercanada.ca/contact/en/contactCCI.php?brand=dodge to receive an email follow up.

Mark
RamCares

Will do, I made an appointment with my dealer for early next week.

Thanks for reaching out.

W4RL0CK

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Will do, I made an appointment with my dealer for early next week.

Thanks for reaching out.

Please post the results when you get them. :cheers:

OP
OP
A

AngryBish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update for anybody interested:

Spoke to FCA on the phone, they acknowledged that this may be a manufacture defect.

Brought it to a local body shop, as my local Ram dealer doesn’t have an in house body centre. They took photos and advised me they will be forwarding them to FCA. Apparently the process will take 4-6 weeks.

I was a little unhappy as the body shop said, once approved it’s as simple as us painting your bumper. I told them my bumper would not be painted because it is powder coated. Only one shop in my city that does powder coating.

We’ll see what FCA says.

OP
OP
A

AngryBish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
UPDATE:

Warranty claim has been approved. However they want to PAINT my powder coated bumper. NOT happy. Explained to the body shop this isn’t an acceptable repair, they agreed. I spoke to a warranty rep on the phone who told me a new bumper is not currently an option.

The body shop explained they will reach out to my local dealer and forward all info. They advised me to reach out to customer care.

Nobody in my city does powder coating this large. Even if they did, might void my factory warranty with an aftermarket repair.

[mention]RamCares [/mention]

Last edited:

Oakley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 big horn Built to Serve
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Angry,
My Warranty claim has also been approved and they are replacing my bumper. ( At least thats what I have been told. It was supposed to be ordered last week, touching base with the dealer today )

Will give an update later.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would let them paint it.............powder coat is not that great....

OP
OP
A

AngryBish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi Angry,
My Warranty claim has also been approved and they are replacing my bumper. ( At least thats what I have been told. It was supposed to be ordered last week, touching base with the dealer today )

Will give an update later.

Thanks! My dealer called the other day and said they were submitting another claim to Chrysler for a new bumper.

I would let them paint it.............powder coat is not that great....

How come? I thought powder coating is better for bumpers, less chipping, scratching etc.

Oakley

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 big horn Built to Serve
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My new bumper is in, the work will be done Monday.

Hawkes96

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 RAM 1500 CLASSIC WARLOCK
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I’m having the same issues on my 19 Warlock, paint is flaking and chipping in spots all over the bumper. Took it to my local dealership. They took a couple pictures and sent it to FCA and about 4 weeks later never got a call and had to call the dealership for an update. Got a simple response of “it was denied”. Overall not very happy. Paid big money for the truck and has less then 40,000kms on it and I’ll have to end up getting it painted to prevent it from rusting here on the east coast.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m having the same issues on my 19 Warlock, paint is flaking and chipping in spots all over the bumper. Took it to my local dealership. They took a couple pictures and sent it to FCA and about 4 weeks later never got a call and had to call the dealership for an update. Got a simple response of “it was denied”. Overall not very happy. Paid big money for the truck and has less then 40,000kms on it and I’ll have to end up getting it painted to prevent it from rusting here on the east coast.
Man!!!.............that really sucks!! can't believe it was denied.....

Hawkes96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Man!!!.............that really sucks!! can't believe it was denied.....
Yeah I’m really not happy with Ram and FCA North America to say the least!

Hawkes96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Yeah I’m really not happy with Ram and FCA North America to say the least!
@RamCares

Hawkes96

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
read this post. Just my two cents... Powder coating is superior. But only on metal obviously.
After paying big money for these trucks and mine being under 40,000kms. I wouldn't be happy about having to pay for someone to remove and re spray my bumper especially when the manufacture should come good for it.