Warlock Lift Explanation - Read this before lifting/leveling your Warlock's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTCD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good info. Thanks. I just added 1.75 spacers and hopped up 2 tires sizes. Happy with the look. Will have to watch wear and tear I guess PXL_20220520_001544562.jpg

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good info. Thanks. I just added 1.75 spacers and hopped up 2 tires sizes. Happy with the look. Will have to watch wear and tear I guess
Looks kind of odd, but cool, seeing a Warlock running even front to back. Unless the back tires are slightly downhill.

PM56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all!

With RAM continuing to produce these 4th Gens as the "Warlock" Package I figured I would make a Thread Explaining the Lift on these trucks as its a question that gets asked a lot. Of course RAM doesn't really put any info out there to help us in the aftermarket world.

The Warlocks Come with a 1" lift from the factory over the stock ones. This is the same lift that is/was used on the Outdoorsman and old "TRX" model (not the same as the new one with the Hellcat in it) The Lift is Achieved in 2 ways.

Front: The Front of the Warlocks is lifted .7" over factory using a higher spring seat, also called the circlip. It is fixed to the stock shock body. So there is no adjustment on the stock shock. The Bilstein 5100 and 6112 has an adjustable spring seat allowing different ride heights to be achieved. This is what creates the lift.

When lifting the front of a 4th Gen ram truck it is generally regarded that Higher than 2" of front lift needs new Upper Control Arms if off-roading at all. So this would be anything over 1.4" on the Warlocks. UCA's are one of those highly discussed subjects.... The best all around replacement UCA would be the ZONE one. (Personally been running mine for 20,000 miles at the time of writing this)

Most people would suggest the Bilstein 5100's for leveling out the front of the Warlocks. Setting them at 2.8 usually levels out these trucks perfectly with a slight rake to the back.

If you do a puck spacer lift on these trucks you will have .7" of higher lift than advertised.

Explanation Photos on the front

This is Bilstein 5100's at 2.8 on a 2019 Warlock

View attachment 483149

Installation instructions on 5100's

View attachment 483150

Now onto the rear of these trucks.

RAM says that the rear lift is achieved by "HD" coils. These will have a slightly stiffer rate than the factory ones. Of information that I've gathered it seems that these "HD" rear coils tend to be .5 - 1.5" higher than stock. 4th Gen rams are known to have vastly different rakes varying from truck to truck.

When searching for a lift I would recommend getting good Front and Rear wheelwell measurements to see how much rake you have. This will help in deciding how much to lift the front.

The stock rear shocks are absolute crap.... Bilstein P/N (24-187374) and Icon P/N (216524) both make great replacements that will help the ride a lot.

Now for your bracket style 4 and 6 inch lift kits, the same applies if you leave the stock shocks in you will have a .7" lift over what is given. I.E. You will have a 4.7" lift or 6.7" lift respectfully in the front. In the rear depends on how its lifted. If you choose a lift with new Coils expect to achieve slightly less than advertised rear lift. If you choose a lift with spacers it will stay the same.

I recommend going with Zone or Superlift for 4" or 6" kits. if you are unsure about what will fit your needs reach out to members @Quick_Shifter or @Nick@GotExhaust Both of these Guys can get anyone squared away with what they need.

Hopefully this is somewhat informational and can help in understanding how these wonderful trucks work. :cheers:
I've got a 20 Warlock. If I install the 5100's on the front and set them at 2.8 will I need to replace the UCA's or am I good? Will this shock setting cause any additional wear anywhere else? Many thanks!

dstock

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not exactly the best perspective but my Bilstein leveled Warlock with 285/75-17 on Method 701's

i-z3VSKhS-M.jpg

Reactions: j-b
OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got a 20 Warlock. If I install the 5100's on the front and set them at 2.8 will I need to replace the UCA's or am I good? Will this shock setting cause any additional wear anywhere else? Many thanks!
You won't need to. If it aligns, and you don't plan on off roading it I'd stay stock.

TCOP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Classic Warlock Crew Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello All, new here. Bought my first truck and no nothing about mechanics. Reading a lot of the posts and trying to learn, but in lamens terms, I'm looking to, I guess level the front of my truck to match the back. Budget will probably keep me from lifting it right now. Would like to put some bigger wheels on as well. So I read not to use spacers but to change coils and shocks, etc... Can someone let me know exactly what I should do so when I go to the truck shop, I at least have some idea what to tell them, Thanks All.

Attachments

• Ram.jpg
    Ram.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 12

RAM_CHAOS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hello All, new here. Bought my first truck and no nothing about mechanics. Reading a lot of the posts and trying to learn, but in lamens terms, I'm looking to, I guess level the front of my truck to match the back. Budget will probably keep me from lifting it right now. Would like to put some bigger wheels on as well. So I read not to use spacers but to change coils and shocks, etc... Can someone let me know exactly what I should do so when I go to the truck shop, I at least have some idea what to tell them, Thanks All.

Hello there, welcome and congratulations on first truck! Nice color scheme!!!

Being this is your first truck, I would do a simple level kit in the front, that will run you about $120-$150. Installed by shop probably another $150-200.

Or … you could install Bilstein 5100 and set at clip position 3 or 4. That’s a little more work but the shocks will run you like $300 and install probably another $300-400. It’s easy to self do if you’re a wrench turner. You won’t need new upper control arms for leveling or anything else. The Bilsteins make the truck ride so much better thank stock.

TCOP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome info, thanks. I am going to have the shop do all the work since I don't know much about turning wrenches on trucks. But at least now I have an idea what to look for. Thanks again

ncdave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I apologize if I hijack here, but since the thread is about Warlock lifts, it's exactly what my plans are.

I'm a reasonable shade tree mechanic, but other than maintenance, brake work and occasional "fixing" of cars or trucks, I've not done any suspension work. Much of my experience is on motorcycles and have been so far as to remove motors and replace pistons with bent rods. I'm figuring I can do the suspension work, just have no experience, so a bit hesitant about it.

I stopped by a local shop to get some input and pricing. What they told me pretty much follows what I've been reading here on this site. My goal is leveling and putting mild street/trail tread on the 20 inch rims totaling 35 size. They recommended the Bilstein 5100s set to 2.8. That should allow use of a 285-65R20. theirs is a Nitto Recon Grappler. They also recommended replacement of UCA and alignment. Just to be sure to avoid rubbing on that tire size, they suggested a 6mm spacer to move the wheels out just a little bit.

Does this sound reasonable? also, with my experience (or lack of), can I do this myself and save some shop costs?

irish6768

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hello all!

With RAM continuing to produce these 4th Gens as the "Warlock" Package I figured I would make a Thread Explaining the Lift on these trucks as its a question that gets asked a lot. Of course RAM doesn't really put any info out there to help us in the aftermarket world.

The Warlocks Come with a 1" lift from the factory over the stock ones. This is the same lift that is/was used on the Outdoorsman and old "TRX" model (not the same as the new one with the Hellcat in it) The Lift is Achieved in 2 ways.

Front: The Front of the Warlocks is lifted .7" over factory using a higher spring seat, also called the circlip. It is fixed to the stock shock body. So there is no adjustment on the stock shock. The Bilstein 5100 and 6112 has an adjustable spring seat allowing different ride heights to be achieved. This is what creates the lift.

When lifting the front of a 4th Gen ram truck it is generally regarded that Higher than 2" of front lift needs new Upper Control Arms if off-roading at all. So this would be anything over 1.4" on the Warlocks. UCA's are one of those highly discussed subjects.... The best all around replacement UCA would be the ZONE one. (Personally been running mine for 20,000 miles at the time of writing this)

Most people would suggest the Bilstein 5100's for leveling out the front of the Warlocks. Setting them at 2.8 usually levels out these trucks perfectly with a slight rake to the back.

If you do a puck spacer lift on these trucks you will have .7" of higher lift than advertised.

View attachment 483149

View attachment 483150

RAM says that the rear lift is achieved by "HD" coils. These will have a slightly stiffer rate than the factory ones. Of information that I've gathered it seems that these "HD" rear coils tend to be .5 - 1.5" higher than stock. 4th Gen rams are known to have vastly different rakes varying from truck to truck.

When searching for a lift I would recommend getting good Front and Rear wheelwell measurements to see how much rake you have. This will help in deciding how much to lift the front.

The stock rear shocks are absolute crap.... Bilstein P/N (24-187374) and Icon P/N (216524) both make great replacements that will help the ride a lot.

Now for your bracket style 4 and 6 inch lift kits, the same applies if you leave the stock shocks in you will have a .7" lift over what is given. I.E. You will have a 4.7" lift or 6.7" lift respectfully in the front. In the rear depends on how its lifted. If you choose a lift with new Coils expect to achieve slightly less than advertised rear lift. If you choose a lift with spacers it will stay the same.

I recommend going with Zone or Superlift for 4" or 6" kits. if you are unsure about what will fit your needs reach out to members @Quick_Shifter or @Nick@GotExhaust Both of these Guys can get anyone squared away with what they need.

Hopefully this is somewhat informational and can help in understanding how these wonderful trucks work. :cheers:
This helpful but a little confusing. Hoping you could help guide me. I have a 2021 Warlock 1500 Classic, Crew Cab 4x4 5.7L hemi. Id like to be able to level the front enough to place 285/65s on it. I do not really offroad, just when hunting and that is still, mostly dirt roads or farm tracks. Is a simple front leveling kit an option? or do I need to consider more to be able to make the 285 /65s work correctly? Appreciate any help!

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This helpful but a little confusing. Hoping you could help guide me. I have a 2021 Warlock 1500 Classic, Crew Cab 4x4 5.7L hemi. Id like to be able to level the front enough to place 285/65s on it. I do not really offroad, just when hunting and that is still, mostly dirt roads or farm tracks. Is a simple front leveling kit an option? or do I need to consider more to be able to make the 285 /65s work correctly? Appreciate any help!

You're best bang for the buck leveling kit is going to be the Bilstein 5100's set at 2.1 or 2.8. I recommend 2.8 because no one ever regrets going for more.

newfrank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I've got a 2019 warlock, put in the timbrens for helping reduce sag when towing, which I do a lot of. Looking at getting a set of 275/65r20 toyo open country at3s (I have the stock 20" rims so don't want to go too wide), and want to throw in some 5100's.

j-b when you had the 5100s in your warlock, set a 2.8 and you hauled your gear around / towed, did it sag a ton in the rear end? I tow a lot (snowmobiles, quads, boats, etc...) and am worried 2.8 is too aggressive. I was thinking of going 2.1 - been searching for photos / input but I'm not finding much since it seems like everyone just goes for 2.8 lol

I may just got for 2.1 and see what happens. I think I would rather have a slight rake forward to really level out when towing, than to have a slight rake to the rear with no load. :shrug:

dstock

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I've got a 2019 warlock, put in the timbrens for helping reduce sag when towing, which I do a lot of. Looking at getting a set of 275/65r20 toyo open country at3s (I have the stock 20" rims so don't want to go too wide), and want to throw in some 5100's.

j-b when you had the 5100s in your warlock, set a 2.8 and you hauled your gear around / towed, did it sag a ton in the rear end? I tow a lot (snowmobiles, quads, boats, etc...) and am worried 2.8 is too aggressive. I was thinking of going 2.1 - been searching for photos / input but I'm not finding much since it seems like everyone just goes for 2.8 lol

I may just got for 2.1 and see what happens. I think I would rather have a slight rake forward to really level out when towing, than to have a slight rake to the rear with no load. :shrug:
I'll jump in here, I have a 2021 Warlock and did the 2.8 and while it's perfectly level when the bed is empty, there is a bit of sag once you had some weight. I'm totally with you on rake to the rear, makes me nuts! I actually just added some Liftmaster airbags this past weekend which enables me to even it out or even increase the rake towards the front if needed.

I didn't have a chance to give it much of a test drive but I will be putting some miles on it later this week and can report back.

OP
OP
j-b

j-b

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Yes it will sag. However it should really only sag to when it hits the timbrens.

Meatman8769

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all!

View attachment 483149

View attachment 483150

This is wicked info. I just put new fox 2.0s in my front of the 19' warlock. I had the factories with 1" pucks in there and it sat right where I wanted to. But after the fox ones went in feels like its back to factory ride height. I should just be able to raise these fox ones up to the desired height correct?

TCOP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, Its done. For budget reasons I ended up leveling my truck. I then put on Nitto Grapler A/T 33" with the armory rims. Looks darn cool. I do see a difference with the gas mileage and its a bit more sluggish feeling initially. But oh well, I guess thats the trade off.

Attachments

• Ram2.jpg
    Ram2.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 42

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio