Warlock Lift Explanation - Read this before lifting/leveling your Warlock's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PM56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all!

With RAM continuing to produce these 4th Gens as the "Warlock" Package I figured I would make a Thread Explaining the Lift on these trucks as its a question that gets asked a lot. Of course RAM doesn't really put any info out there to help us in the aftermarket world.

The Warlocks Come with a 1" lift from the factory over the stock ones. This is the same lift that is/was used on the Outdoorsman and old "TRX" model (not the same as the new one with the Hellcat in it) The Lift is Achieved in 2 ways.

Front: The Front of the Warlocks is lifted .7" over factory using a higher spring seat, also called the circlip. It is fixed to the stock shock body. So there is no adjustment on the stock shock. The Bilstein 5100 and 6112 has an adjustable spring seat allowing different ride heights to be achieved. This is what creates the lift.

When lifting the front of a 4th Gen ram truck it is generally regarded that Higher than 2" of front lift needs new Upper Control Arms if off-roading at all. So this would be anything over 1.4" on the Warlocks. UCA's are one of those highly discussed subjects.... The best all around replacement UCA would be the ZONE one. (Personally been running mine for 20,000 miles at the time of writing this)

Most people would suggest the Bilstein 5100's for leveling out the front of the Warlocks. Setting them at 2.8 usually levels out these trucks perfectly with a slight rake to the back.

If you do a puck spacer lift on these trucks you will have .7" of higher lift than advertised.

Explanation Photos on the front

This is Bilstein 5100's at 2.8 on a 2019 Warlock

View attachment 483149

Installation instructions on 5100's

View attachment 483150

Now onto the rear of these trucks.

RAM says that the rear lift is achieved by "HD" coils. These will have a slightly stiffer rate than the factory ones. Of information that I've gathered it seems that these "HD" rear coils tend to be .5 - 1.5" higher than stock. 4th Gen rams are known to have vastly different rakes varying from truck to truck.

When searching for a lift I would recommend getting good Front and Rear wheelwell measurements to see how much rake you have. This will help in deciding how much to lift the front.

The stock rear shocks are absolute crap.... Bilstein P/N (24-187374) and Icon P/N (216524) both make great replacements that will help the ride a lot.

Now for your bracket style 4 and 6 inch lift kits, the same applies if you leave the stock shocks in you will have a .7" lift over what is given. I.E. You will have a 4.7" lift or 6.7" lift respectfully in the front. In the rear depends on how its lifted. If you choose a lift with new Coils expect to achieve slightly less than advertised rear lift. If you choose a lift with spacers it will stay the same.

I recommend going with Zone or Superlift for 4" or 6" kits. if you are unsure about what will fit your needs reach out to members @Quick_Shifter or @Nick@GotExhaust Both of these Guys can get anyone squared away with what they need.

Hopefully this is somewhat informational and can help in understanding how these wonderful trucks work. :cheers:
So for my 20 Warlock CC would the 5100's be best set at 2.1 or 2.8 to level? Also installing the Zone UCA's...

vgk_bae

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey Guys! im new to the forum. so i just found out by going to like 4 custom life places that nobody makes a 6 inch life for my 2021 1500 classic 2wd warlock im super bummed because i have always had my trucks lifted i wish i would have known this before i bought my truck. anyway do you guys have any suggestions? i dont want something smaller because i want my truck to actually look lifted so a 4 inch wont do! if you guys know of anything let me know!!! thank you

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Guys! im new to the forum. so i just found out by going to like 4 custom life places that nobody makes a 6 inch life for my 2021 1500 classic 2wd warlock im super bummed because i have always had my trucks lifted i wish i would have known this before i bought my truck. anyway do you guys have any suggestions? i dont want something smaller because i want my truck to actually look lifted so a 4 inch wont do! if you guys know of anything let me know!!! thank you
Warlock is a 4th gen. As long as you’re not air ride than any 2wd lift will fit. Maxtrac is the more popular one.

WestCoastWarlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Been doing a lot of research since I bought my new Warlock in Feb. Currently has 4300kms. Current concern is the fact that it has had 2 blown drivers outer CV boots in that time, 700kms apart. First one approx 6 days after bilstein 5100s set at 2.8 and RC UCAs installed. Assumed the boot got nicked, so my mechanic installed a new CV boot at no charge. 4 weeks later, CV boot is gone again.

No clunking or binding. Hwy/town driving only, and I grandpa drive it.

Who else has had boot failures due to a leveling kit?

Going to try and get warranty on a new axle.

Thoughts?

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
OP,

This was a great write up and gave me the exact info I was looking for on my 14 Express. I want to go with 5100’s at .7“ setting and add LT 275/65/20’s to my truck for a very subtle lifted look.

ncdave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey guys....I could use a little input. I'm just about ready to do some lifting on my warlock. I'm planning to do the UCA and 5100's in the front set at 2.8. I believe this is going to just about level it. I'm concerned with just leveling because I've seen some posts that with gear in the back it'll be a bit squatted. Should I also lift the rear? Has anyone done just the front and what have you experienced? TIA...

dstock

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys....I could use a little input. I'm just about ready to do some lifting on my warlock. I'm planning to do the UCA and 5100's in the front set at 2.8. I believe this is going to just about level it. I'm concerned with just leveling because I've seen some posts that with gear in the back it'll be a bit squatted. Should I also lift the rear? Has anyone done just the front and what have you experienced? TIA...
It will definitely squat with some weight in it. The stock so called "HD" rear springs are soft. I'm running air bags to temporarily deal with the issue but I will be swapping out for a taller spring that can handle some weight.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you “level” the truck, of course the ass end will be low with a load. If you lift the rear also, then you are not really leveling the truck anymore…so are you just looking for more height all around, or a level truck?

I prefer a more level truck, although a touch higher in the back so it doesnt look like it’s sagging ass. Then i use air bags for when i periodically load it up.

ncdave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If you “level” the truck, of course the ass end will be low with a load. If you lift the rear also, then you are not really leveling the truck anymore…so are you just looking for more height all around, or a level truck?

I prefer a more level truck, although a touch higher in the back so it doesnt look like it’s sagging ass. Then i use air bags for when i periodically load it up.

I'm looking for use as an overlander. I also use it to pull a boat. I had talked to a shop about the front end and they were recommending a 1.5 inch lift for the rear. Just wanted to know what everyone's experiences were with only the front or with both front and rear done. I may just do the front and see how it looks overall and what the measurements are. From there decide how much I want to go up in the back.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm looking for use as an overlander. I also use it to pull a boat. I had talked to a shop about the front end and they were recommending a 1.5 inch lift for the rear. Just wanted to know what everyone's experiences were with only the front or with both front and rear done. I may just do the front and see how it looks overall and what the measurements are. From there decide how much I want to go up in the back.
I had 3” front and 1” rear but just lowered my front back to 2.5”. I also just pulled a boat that was probably around 900-1000lbs tongue weight. 9300lbs boat and trailer. Squat was pretty good. I have the eibach springs in the rear

Attachments

• IMG_2494.jpeg
    IMG_2494.jpeg
    228.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2495.jpeg
    IMG_2495.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2486.jpeg
    IMG_2486.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 26

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
I went with the airlift 1000 bags on my 1500 to keep the rear from squatting with a load after going to 2.8. It already had the extra HD springs on the rear.

ncdave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I had 3” front and 1” rear but just lowered my front back to 2.5”. I also just pulled a boat that was probably around 900-1000lbs tongue weight. 9300lbs boat and trailer. Squat was pretty good. I have the eibach springs in the rear
my boat is just a pontoon, so doesn't carry as much tongue weight. your settings sound like where I want to be. at 2.5 and 1, that may suit me well. thanks!

ncdave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I went with the airlift 1000 bags on my 1500 to keep the rear from squatting with a load after going to 2.8. It already had the extra HD springs on the rear.
thanks. I may go with the 2.8 setting and 1 inch in the back. depending on how that works, perhaps the HD spring. appreciate the ideas!

dstock

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks. I may go with the 2.8 setting and 1 inch in the back. depending on how that works, perhaps the HD spring. appreciate the ideas!
The Warlock comes with the HD spring in the rear from the factory, that's how they achieve the 1" lift in the rear.

22hemi13

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2500 4x4
Engine
Don't appreciate your sarcastic comments. I've owned several half tons over the last 30 years and was surprised of the low payload. For instance a 3.6l similarly equipped may have a 1700 lb payload
Did you just get upset lololololol