Warming up takes too long...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well then, you started this thread 5 days ago, have you changed the thermostat yet? Outside of that or a sending unit that is actually reading low, there aren't too many other things it can be.
Wat I think, but wat do I know, I's a BOIRD..... (Boirds are not mechanics, just Boird Brains, lmao)...

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2015 2500 has the Cummins, I don't let it warm up in the driveway, I start it and when i see oil pressure I start driving. I also have the electric seats and steering wheel.

6speedcummins

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mine was deleted for a few years and it would take forever to get warm in winter. Last year I put the emissions back on and this winter it's blowing warm air after driving only 5 minutes. I credit it to several things including increased back pressure from the filters and increased turbo vane position (50% now while driving, 29% when deleted). But I believe the biggest contributing factor is the EGR. The hot exhaust gas getting pumped straight back into the intake would definitely heat the engine faster.

BTW, fuel economy only dropped about .5 MPG with emissions back on.