warranty denied

RamJosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4. 45,675 mi. My engine overheated out of the blue and within minutes there was sludge coming out of the front of my truck into a puddle. I have extended Maximum care warranty. Had the truck towed to nearest dealer and upon looking at it was told the engine was blown and radiator was blown too. I said ok lets get it all fixed because i have full warranty. A week later the warranty tech finally came out to look at it and Mopar denied my claim. Said the system shows i drove 157 miles after the overheating warning was given. This is completely false as i have pictures, texts and witnesses showing that from when i first had an issue to when i called for tow truck was less than an hour. The vehicle was limped home about a quarter mile at most. I have maintained the truck. Every service was done and documented. There is no modifications or aftermarket parts. Ive never even towed anything with this truck. Its a nightmare. Anyone else have similar issues or advice?

Last edited:

Farmer Fran

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Crew 4x4 RamBox
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That sucks! I have heard this story so many times.

I tell people this all the time... As soon as you throw a code or have a problem. Stop immediately and call the "MFG" to come pick it up.

OP
OP
R

RamJosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That sucks! I have heard this story so many times.

I tell people this all the time... As soon as you throw a code or have a problem. Stop immediately and call the "MFG" to come pick it up.
And that’s exactly what I did. The first thing I noticed was AC stopped blowing cold. Then I looked at temp gauge. Then I shut truck off.

Docwagon1776

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4. 45,675 mi. My engine overheated out of the blue and within minutes there was sludge coming out of the front of my truck into a puddle. I have extended Maximum care warranty. Had the truck towed to nearest dealer and upon looking at it was told the engine was blown and radiator was blown too. I said ok lets get it all fixed because i have full warranty. A week later the warranty tech finally came out to look at it and Mopar denied my claim. Said the system shows i drove 157 miles after the overheating warning was given. This is completely false as i have pictures, texts and witnesses showing that from when i first had an issue to when i called for tow truck was less than an hour. The vehicle was limped home about a quarter mile at most. I have maintained the truck. Every service was done and documented. There is no modifications or aftermarket parts. Ive never even towed anything with this truck. Its a nightmare. Anyone else have similar issues or advice?

You can try @RamCares and see if they can be of any assistance. People have reported mixed results.

Oliver Closehauf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 Laramie
Engine
Cummins 5.9
And look for the language in the warranty that says once a warning light comes on you have to immediately pull over and stop. What if you don't see the warning light for some reason? Why is a "limp home mode" even an option if using it to limp home violates your warranty?
That's a real nut buster. Sorry you are going through this.

mikeru

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
And that’s exactly what I did. The first thing I noticed was AC stopped blowing cold. Then I looked at temp gauge. Then I shut truck off.
Not to be argumentative, but that's not what you said you did in your first post. You said you limped it home about a quarter of a mile. That is not shutting it off immediately. Not saying you don't have a case, but make sure you remain consistent with your claims on this.

OP
OP
R

RamJosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not to be argumentative, but that's not what you said you did in your first post. You said you limped it home about a quarter of a mile. That is not shutting it off immediately. Not saying you don't have a case, but make sure you remain consistent with your claims on this.
Yes I cut it off when I saw the temp elevated. I sat there for 30 minutes. Started it back up and temp was normal. Slowly drove home at 10mph which was a quarter mile away. Bottom line is that I didn’t drive 150 miles as the computer says and between for trouble and calling tow truck was about an hour.