Warranty Options - Lifetime?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
The Lifetime warranty on my 09 Laramie saved me thousands in repair bills - a NAV unit & two engines (cam/lifter failures) in the span of 140K miles. First at 60K or so (long block replacement) & then another around 90K.
A buddy owns the dealership I bought the 09 from, to finally get me to trade it in, he included the Lifetime warranty on the 17 as a deal sweetener knowing no matter how great he got the numbers, there was no way I was giving up the peace of mind that warranty provides. It's real nice knowing you'll never get hammered w/ a big maintenance bill.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Can you PM me the vendors name and contact info? Or post it in the thread?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here's the thread link for Chrysler Warranty Direct (Jennifer Mehan was my point of contact)
https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1583822

There's is a link to their website to compare plan prices that is very straightforward. They were cheaper than everyone else and offered a $100 forum discount.

M² Mods.

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
The Lifetime warranty on my 09 Laramie saved me thousands in repair bills - a NAV unit & two engines (cam/lifter failures) in the span of 140K miles. First at 60K or so (long block replacement) & then another around 90K.
A buddy owns the dealership I bought the 09 from, to finally get me to trade it in, he included the Lifetime warranty on the 17 as a deal sweetener knowing no matter how great he got the numbers, there was no way I was giving up the peace of mind that warranty provides. It's real nice knowing you'll never get hammered w/ a big maintenance bill.
Who did the maintenance on your 09?

leroys73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you are going to keep the truck I go with lifetime $100 deductible. It is bumper to bumper except maintenance items. MoPar also offers less than life time. Go on line to purchase from a MoPar dealer, it is cheaper.

We have lifetime on all three of our vehicles. The mini van is 10 years old with 190,000 on it. The front struts were covered. Almost everything is except tires, brakes pads, clutch if equipped, and wipers. Oh and light bulbs.

The only thing I have ran into is that at some point you are supposed to get a post card in the mail to take it in for an inspection. If you do not the lifetime can be void. We got ours so we had no problems. I do not remember at what point it is required but I think it is when the factory original ran out. In your case you'll probably have to take yours in for inspection to activate the lifetime.

When they are not a factory extended warranty/service contract I am cautious.

roscoe999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
All Trim, i.e. sun roof glass warping not covered no matter how much it leaks. Glass should not warp but mine did after 3 years in Texas sun. Abilene dealer adjusted to balance corners and middle edge but will eventually have to be replaced or might just cover with stainless plate as it is very seldom used. Have lifetime but hope to never use it. My 2014 has 77K and has not missed a lick since I picked it up with 100 miles on it. My second and last 2500 4x4 mega cab thanks to the lifetime warranty. Have S10 with 800K and Sub 1500 with 400K. The 2500 will have those numbers kne day.

breal201999

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A/C refrigerant is not covered under MAX CAR LIFETIME either.

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You pretty much can't lose if you keep it a long time and drive normal miles/yr. Even if you were able to do the work yourself just the time it would save ya in terms of troubleshooting and screwing around should be worth it. Dang, why did I buy mine with too many miles on it???!

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
A/C refrigerant is not covered under MAX CAR LIFETIME either.

Mine does not say that. The only reference to refrigerant I see is about voiding the warranty if you use the wrong kind.

I changed my rear end fluid with Mobil 1 and my buddy is trying to tell me that only the Mopar fluid is up to ***** for the warranty. Any truth to that?

Last edited:

HammerHead

USMC 0313
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4Runner
Engine
Mine does not say that. The only reference to refrigerant I see is about voiding the warranty if you use the wrong kind.

I changed my rear end fluid with Mobil 1 and my buddy is trying to tell me that only the Mopar fluid is up to ***** for the warranty. Any truth to that?
Max Lifetime Warranty states "only Recommend AND Approved fluids shall be used".

QwikKota

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Max Lifetime Warranty states "only Recommend AND Approved fluids shall be used".

Yeah, that doesn't really help. I know with oil it has to meet the Chrysler spec so I use PUP but I am confused on the gear loob.

cuminslvr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Diesel
I got the 8yr 75000 mile max care warranty. I dont think there is a lifetime unlimited warranty available anymore from FCA. If there was it wasnt offered to me.

OP
OP
F

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Fitz-0518

Veteran 66-68
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500. 2018 1500
Engine
6.4 3.6
There is. But some dealers look at a couple things. Offer the one that pays them the most. Not all vehicles qualify for all factory warranty's. If you go to MOPAR.com. That site is helpful is helpful to customers on what is available. If you want a different warranty that may be available for vehicle, they can help.

OP
OP
F

FriedDumpling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
There is. But some dealers look at a couple things. Offer the one that pays them the most. Not all vehicles qualify for all factory warranty's. If you go to MOPAR.com. That site is helpful is helpful to customers on what is available. If you want a different warranty that may be available for vehicle, they can help.

See above for MOPAR retailer recommended on other posts in the foum. Zeigler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Here's the thread link for Chrysler Warranty Direct (Jennifer Mehan was my point of contact)
https://www.ramforum.com/index.php?posts/1583822

There's is a link to their website to compare plan prices that is very straightforward. They were cheaper than everyone else and offered a $100 forum discount. @RMelton isn't there any longer but the other folks will help out.

Re posting this again since they were cheaper than Ziegler on my lifetime Maxcare warranty I purchased last month. (Lifetime warranty isn't available on Diesel, SRT, etc. Just standard Gas engines)

M² Mods.

gregs2018ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So, far, Zeigler has been $50 cheaper than anyone else on any Mopar plan.

Re posting this again since they were cheaper than Ziegler on my lifetime Maxcare warranty I purchased last month. (Lifetime warranty isn't available on Diesel, SRT, etc. Just standard Gas engines)

M² Mods.