Warranty question - 2021 Ram 3500 almost 1 year old

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeL77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've had my 2021 Ram 3500 crew cab SRW short box for almost one year. I have the air bag rear suspension, as well as the safety package which includes Adaptive Cruise Control. I am considering an extended warranty due to the extreme electronics in the truck, and the auto air bag suspension. I will put about 9,000 miles per year on it hauling my truck camper. When should I purchase an extended warranty? Now? Or wait for the the three years of the provided warranty to near expiration? Do the real factory warranty or an aftermarket? Thanks for any advice . . .

RAMaway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorq
I would also be interested in an extended warranty.
I have a RAM 2020, 1500...with a lot of bells and whistles.
Thanks for any input.....RAMaway

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
for the ram maxcare which is the only one I would even think about getting it gets more expensive the longer you wait. Unfortunately tho the warranties don't get better the longer you wait Ie if you get a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty it still only adds 2 years to your original power train warranty. Kind of messed up but that is the way they work.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
You can buy it whenever you want but there is a price bump at 12 months and 24 months if you decide to wait. You have to purchase it before 36 months otherwise it's a used vehicle warranty and will cost you more than the new vehicle one you can get now.

OP
OP
MikeL77

MikeL77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
for the ram maxcare which is the only one I would even think about getting it gets more expensive the longer you wait. Unfortunately tho the warranties don't get better the longer you wait Ie if you get a 7 year 100,000 mile warranty it still only adds 2 years to your original power train warranty. Kind of messed up but that is the way they work.
Would the Maxcare cover the electronics for 7 years rather than just the 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You should get the Lifetime Maxcare Extended Warranty
the sooner you buy it, the less costly it is, but the lifetime warranty starts on the date of purchasing the vehicle

Only get the MOPAR Lifetime Maxcare Extended Warranty
covers you in the USA, Canada & Mexico at authorized shops

There is at least one company that sells the
MOPAR Lifetime Maxcare Extended Warranty, cheaper than your dealership will offer it.
It is the exact same policy as what your dealership will sell you
The name of the company is

after you call Zeigler & get a price, give your dealership a chance to meet or beat it

Good Luck

Do not let your dealership try to sell you their own companies policy, it will only cover you at their own dealership(s)
you would not be covered if you travel out of their area

Last edited:

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would the Maxcare cover the electronics for 7 years rather than just the 3 year, 36,000 mile warranty?
yes but not on top of the 3 years ie 7 years would get you 4 years added to the initial 3 years.

Tizzy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After having a 1500 Limited with air suspension and having a friend with one, there is no way I’d own an air suspension truck without an extended warranty. Just know that the air springs MAY NOT be covered. Read the fine print.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should get the Lifetime Maxcare Extended Warranty
the sooner you buy it, the less costly it is, but the lifetime warranty starts on the date of purchasing the vehicle

Only get the MOPAR Lifetime Maxcare Extended Warranty
covers you in the USA, Canada & Mexico at authorized shops

There is at least one company that sells the
MOPAR Lifetime Maxcare Extended Warranty, cheaper than your dealership will offer it.
It is the exact same policy as what your dealership will sell you
The name of the company is

after you call Zeigler & get a price, give your dealership a chance to meet or beat it

Good Luck

Do not let your dealership try to sell you their own companies policy, it will only cover you at their own dealership(s)
you would not be covered if you travel out of their area
GT, Lifetime no longer exists. Most you can buy is 8 Maxcare years. Lifetime contracts in force still be honored though, from Ziegler.

OP
OP
MikeL77

MikeL77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Will Ziegler negotiate a bit? I got a quote for my 2021 3500 srw, gas; Maxcare 100K, 7 year, $200 deductible, "Pay in full" of $2075. They were the cheapest of the 4 companies I looked at. I'm guessing tax gets added on to that as well. It is 11 months old, and only has 9300 miles on it.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
Tax depends on the state.

If you call them they will probably shave a few more $$ off the price if you take the time to talk to them on the phone. I think I got an extra $50 my policy when I bought mine from them over the phone.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

turkeybird56

When i spoke to the Finance guy at my dealership
He told me that the Lifetime for a gasoline engine is 8 years according to the underwriter that writes the Mopar Extended Warranty
Over 8 years the truck is running on luck & duct tape hehehe
It is 7 years for the eco-diesel

oldroy61

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Turbo Diesel
This is just a dealership in Muncie, IN, but a great place to check on pricing

Last edited: