Warranty question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alan Pritchard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2020 3500 Laramie with lug bolt recall and the bud wheels are peeling around valve stems and the text me to say my part of the work would be $120. Is it normal for dealerships to charge anything when under warranty?

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do they know you have a warranty? Most dealers won't look up the info until your there. If it's a recall it should be free anyway

rotwiler

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 QC Outdoorsman
Engine
My 13 Ram had Shift solenoid bad and exhaust mainifold bolt broken, was totally free and they gave me free rental jeep to drive. I have never been charged for warranty work unless I was right over the warranty mileage.

OP
OP
A

Alan Pritchard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They called two days before appointment and said they didn’t have a qualified tech available that day to do the work. but I ask why they sent me a text saying I would have to pay 120 and was told I shouldn’t have to unless it’s for taking the tires off bad wheels and reinstalling, what ever kinda stupid but we will see hopefully in a few more weeks.