Warranty questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tforest525

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looking to buy Ready Lift 3.5 sst lift for my 2021 ram 1500 bighorn with the 5.7
Just wondering if anyone knows if this would affect the warranty
Thx

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

retired

Votes republican and identifies as a he/him
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
it could affect part of your warranty ie things that the lift might compromise like driveshafts etc. Generally if you put a lift on you are putting bigger tires on and those can affect drivetrain warranty depending on how big of tires. things that are not related to the lift and/or tires if you go that way won't be affected like your radio......Every dealer is different there are some dealers that are mod friendly and others that are not. Best ask the dealerships in your area what they would do if you lifted and came in with an issue.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sure will, my 5100’s cost me $4500 when the front differential crapped out on me due to “excessive driveshaft angles” on my truck….

brian42

Military
Reaction score
The general rule I was told was 2". If you stay at 2" or below you increase your chances of getting something fixed under warranty (a mod-friendly dealership like retired mentioned).

You should ask around first to the dealerships in your area and find out where they draw the line. Even if you find a service department that is willing to work under the "spirit" of the law for any issues that might crop up just know that they can change their mind between now and then.

The letter of the law is that it has to be a Mopar part/kit installed by a dealership for it to be completely covered under your warranty.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Ask the people that determine warranty denials. Get a couple of samples from different dealers

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Looking to buy Ready Lift 3.5 sst lift for my 2021 ram 1500 bighorn with the 5.7
Just wondering if anyone knows if this would affect the warranty
Thx

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Readylift is reversible so it can be put back to stock if a warranty claim was needed

RoadKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Not a answer to the question but i was kinda wondering about my warranty as well.

My Bighorn had the lift put on before the first owner brought it home from the dealership. I kinda wonder how that might effect the warranty. Meaning maybe the dealership will honor warranty stuff since the truck was purchased that way. Now that i am the second owner probably not

Last edited:

brian42

Military
Reaction score
If a dealership installs components then they will honor the warranty unless stated otherwise...but only that dealership.

Plenty of dealerships in my area put lots of bling on the trucks (lifts, wheels, off-road parts, etc.) and will honor the warranty if they install the parts (again, just that specific dealership).

If the basic warranty is still valid with you as an owner then the dealership should honor the warranty with the parts that it installed.

I would check with them to see their policy and verify that they have record of the parts installed on your truck (VIN).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddo