Warranty Service Contract (CNA National)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I didn't know where to ask this, so here goes. Today I received a 2nd notice from RAM asking me to buy their extended warranty/service or whatnot. The dealer sold me a service contract which is for 72 month/125,000 mileage through CNA National. It cost $2500, and I'm not sure if this is a good package/company? I'll post a link to their website and the description of the plan. They sold me the best plan CNA has to offer, which is the "Automotive Preferred Care" package.

Now, I never used any aftermarket warranties like this, are they generally good? Why wouldn't they sell me the RAM warranty? I know, I'm stupid, I should have asked when I was signing the paperwork. Another thing, why do they even sell after market warranties when this is a BIG Ram dealer, not "Joe's cars" etc. Everything is fine on my end, I was just curious because I was digging through the paperwork etc, I thought I had a RAM warranty. They worked in the $2500 warranty/service contract into the 84 month finance so it's only $30 a month that's why I took it.

I actually called the dealer, asking for the finance Manager who helped me back in September.....he no longer works there.

Here's the link to CNA.

https://www.cnanational.com/web/guest/product-detail-vsc

Last edited:

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Dealer's sell packages based on who offers them the best deal, i.e. margin, on the product. they are not joined at the hip with FCA in this respect and sell whatever aftermarket warranty they decide to sell as a general business decision. My local dealer recently switched from Chrysler Service Contracts to a different firm.

You can do better online buying your own as far as price goes. What you need to research is what is, and what is not, covered; the term of the warranty, obviously the price of the warranty and the deductible(s) required.

OP
OP
Philip

Philip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Yea I was skimming through the paperwork and it looks like A LOT is covered. Granted, I will probably never use it. I have to find out what happens if I move back to NY, will this warranty still apply at other RAM dealers. I'm gonna call them.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I would cancel the aftermarket warranty and purchase a Chrysler warranty. Unless things have changed, you can finance the FCA warranty at 0% for two years.

Docpaulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
chrysler warranty only.. probably cheaper too

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As little faith as I have in my Dodge/Jeep/RAM dealers, the only extended warranty I would ever purchase is through them.

Not a fan of any third party warranties. ive seen them pay out, but it involved some work. Having the Chrysler warranty and going to a Dodge/Jeep/RAM dealer to get it fixed using that warranty should be the easiest way to get stuff handled (it may not be EASY but it sure beats going to shop A, paying shop A yourself then trying to get reimbursed from warranty co B).

damnimcooltom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wife works for a Buick/GMC dealer, and they say that the CNA warranty is pretty good. But as always, if the repair shop you're dealing with doesn't do what they are supposed to do, or make the effort to get your work covered, it's worthless.

damnimcooltom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
She did say, however, that the FCA warranty is very quick to pay compared to all of the other non-GM warranties they deal with.

OP
OP
Philip

Philip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
I would cancel the aftermarket warranty and purchase a Chrysler warranty. Unless things have changed, you can finance the FCA warranty at 0% for two years.

I don't think I can cancel the warranty, this was back in September.

damnimcooltom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You should be able to cancel at any time, with a pro-rated refund. If the warranty was financed at the time, with the vehicle, the refund will go toward the loan.

OP
OP
Philip

Philip

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
You should be able to cancel at any time, with a pro-rated refund. If the warranty was financed at the time, with the vehicle, the refund will go toward the loan.

This sounds awesome! I'm going to read the fine print in the paperwork.

MinnRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
For anyone considering the CNA warranty. I have an existing lifetime Mopar warranty for my 13 Durango RT, and have had no hassles with claims. I bought a used 19 1500 Laramie about 3 hours away and the dealership highly recommended CNA. I ended up calling my local dealership that I had established a relationship for years to ask them the same question around Mopar versus CNA. I couldn't believe it, but the service manager recommended CNA over Mopar. He said that over the past 2 years Mopar has really been slipping and that they had started claiming parts to be wear and tear that were previously covered. He said that CNA was a good company and service contract, and that if it was two years ago he would have recommended Mopar. I don't know what it'll look like in 2 years from now, but I ended up with the CNA warranty. Food for thought, check around with the servic centers you bring your vehicles to for an opinion.