Washed the Bighorn Tonight. Ryobi Pressure Washer & Foam Cannon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Decided awhile back ago, I was tired of borrowing neighbors and friends pressure washers. Either one of the two pressure washers I borrowed were at least 1700psi washers, one a Lowes brand and the other a Harbor Frieght. Both worked well.

Saw that Home Depot was selling Ryobi electric pressure washer and decided to look into those. I purchased the small portable model, 1600psi with a 1.2gallon rate. What the hell, $97 plus $30 for the Ryobi foam cannon/dispenser.

I used Meguiars wash and wax in the foam cannon. I used quite a bit of the Meguiars in the foam blaster. I like the pressure it has and it works very well. They have the "turbo" nozzle which sprays in a pulsating circular pattern and it works very well too. I will say that it seems as if it has a but more pressure than 1600psi compared to the other ones I used.

I think the results speak for themselves as far as how well the pressure washer perforned.

There was a lot of bugs spatter and residue that got removed. The Bighorn needs a bit of professional attention as I found a dent on the drivers side A pillar up high. Have no idea how it got there. Found a small mark on the door and dont know where that came from either.

There is a place here that does some phenomenal vehicle detail work and going to see what he can do to clean up the Bighorn completely. See if there is a shop that can do the paintless dent removal in the area.

a3b8a2387374bd276393a865644dd24f.jpg9b44dd6271ea79edf3a7bbc9807a7bd2.jpg37446f742b725da36412acf31f02d501.jpg8672e9f7956190c3eb2957c9343ca4af.jpgc69c5b0a88a3851c58269f90f4d60520.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine

The pressure washer was only $97 and the foam blaster was like $30 or something like that.

It's a nice little setup.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Came out good.
You will like the foam cannon. I have a pressure washer and have not stepped up to a foam cannon yet. I am still using my foam gun. (Same idea as the cannon, but attaches to the garden hose instead of the pressure washer).
Can I give you some advice on the foam cannon? I have some tips for you on using it.
I did not have the sound on watching your video, so I don’t know if you said anything while videoing. And I don’t want to insult you if you already know.

Detailing, for me anyway, has become almost an obsession. Once I got it clean, protected and looking good (and also having such a horrible experience with my gen 3 paint) I found myself stepping up my game through the years with this gen 4.
I bought a DA polisher, pads, and 4 steps of polishing compounds, ceramic coating, the list goes on and on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
Came out good.
You will like the foam cannon. I have a pressure washer and have not stepped up to a foam cannon yet. I am still using my foam gun. (Same idea as the cannon, but attaches to the garden hose instead of the pressure washer).
Can I give you some advice on the foam cannon? I have some tips for you on using it.
I did not have the sound on watching your video, so I don’t know if you said anything while videoing. And I don’t want to insult you if you already know.

Detailing, for me anyway, has become almost an obsession. Once I got it clean, protected and looking good (and also having such a horrible experience with my gen 3 paint) I found myself stepping up my game through the years with this gen 4.
I bought a DA polisher, pads, and 4 steps of polishing compounds, ceramic coating, the list goes on and on.

I don't so much trust myself with that kind of detail type of work. I have limited time available now these days. At this time, it would be easier for me to pay to have it done.

And no insult taken at all. I've been trying to find the sweet spot with the foam blaster so I don't blow through all of the car wash soap so fast.

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
Nice! Did you just spray & rinse?

Pretty much it. First time I really had any time to try out the foam blaster and do any type of work with it. Rinsed it off with power nozzle with the pulsating, circulating pattern.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well finding the sweet spot is up to you... have no tips for that. Just have to play with it and test it. This may be because the canister was almost empty but it looked like the cannon was producing intermittent foam. There was few shots that looked like it was getting rinsed and then would return to foam.

Once the sweet spot is found, I would start your wash by doing a power wash rinse, just be careful with that turbo nozzle. That will get a lot of the heavy crap off. Then soap up the truck with the foam cannon.
Here is where you have 2 options.
(1)You can power wash rinse it off (doing it this way will be just like using an automatic touch less car wash).
(2)The other option you have is to have your wash bucket with soap and water and you wash media (sponge, mitt, etc) and then hand wash the truck while having the soap from the foam cannon still on the truck. Wash the truck like you normally would. Then you can rinse it off with the power washer.

You should be able to foam the entire truck with the soap in that canister.

The foam gun I have is slightly different but it is a 32oz canister. I fill the canister with water until it’s almost full and then only use 3-4 oz of soap to top it off. I can do one heavy foaming of the truck and then after I do my hand wash and I can do a quick “re-foam” of the entire truck with that 32ozs.

OP
OP
OC455

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
I had the foam blaster canister full and was using it, and decided to take the video after I did the driver's side, front and then rear, I was working on the passenger side when I had to refill.

I thought about hitting first with the power nozzle, but decided I wanted to play with the foam blaster...LOL

Steve Cloud

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
wondering if there's a commercial grade wash agent you could use in there that would cut bugs, etc. even better? Love the setup! Didn't even know they made pressure washers that small and inexpensive. Will have to check it out!