Water in Fuel Indicator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RyanA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I purchased a 2013 2500 2 years ago with the 6.7L. Whenever I'm driving it and it starts raining the "water in fuel" indicator light comes on. I've replaced the filters and it's fine until it starts raining. Then I get the light again. Any ideas?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Is it as soon as you start it during or after raining it comes on? Or do you have to drive for a while in the rain?

The reason I ask is there are connectors under the truck on the two fuel filter housings for the "water in fuel" sensor. Possibly one of those allows moisture in when driving on wet pavement and triggering the "water in fuel" alert.

OP
OP
R

RyanA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It comes on while I'm driving it, but only when it's raining.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I purchased a 2013 2500 2 years ago with the 6.7L. Whenever I'm driving it and it starts raining the "water in fuel" indicator light comes on. I've replaced the filters and it's fine until it starts raining. Then I get the light again. Any ideas?

Hi @RyanA - I had just responded on another thread but wanted to touch base with you here as well. Please do not hesitate to follow up with us via PM for further support!

Mark
RamCares