Water leak…. Pretty sure I know where it’s coming from.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well fellas, found my leak. Soaked the crap out of the truck and sure enough, the passenger side vent leaks worse than the driver side one does.

I know it’s kinda hard to tell but look real close at the top three little tabs on the top of the vent in the last two pics…. This is the driver side vent and in the bottom pic, I can pull the top of the vent towards the cab almost a 1/4 of an inch. No wonder the motherhumpers leak.

I'm afraid to ask, but what was that whitish stuff on the vents?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 69515 miles

Last edited:
OP
OP
corneileous

corneileous

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited 4X4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't there suppose to be a foam gasket or sealant material around the perimeter of the vent flange on the outside (box side) of the vent?
The only gasket these things have is a thin layer of flexible vinyl that’s not even twice as thick as the little flappers, that’s molded at an angle that presses up against the cab.
Also, I'm afraid to ask, but what was that whitish stuff on the vents?
LOL, It’s just dried dirt stains from previous times it’s leaked. The black that you see is just where the water has pooled on top of each level of those things where the water came in between the very top of the plastic vents and top of the inside of the hole in the cab.