Water leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bubba Ray

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Has anyone had a problem with water getting into the rear of the cab?
I’ve had the same problem with my 2017 and 2019 3500.

DanM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my 2020 1500 Laramie comes from probably the 3rd light, roof antenna, or seem on roof. Also read it can be coming from window itself and a door weather stripping at top

Attachments

• 20220125_144727.jpg
    20220125_144727.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220125_165721.jpg
    20220125_165721.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220125_165731.jpg
    20220125_165731.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 7

Jim Law

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
A few weeks ago while driving it sounded like I had a cooler sloshing around in the back seat. Slightly damp under the rear seats BUT the sound had me thinking somewhere in the walls of the cab had a bunch of water stored in them. It has since gone away. I am concerned about damage back there. My question is who can you take it to get seals and stuff replace and check for damage????

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s usually related to 3rd brake light, moon/sun roof, or rear power window drain plugged up and/or rear power window drain leaking in the cab. Or the rear cab pressure vents leaking. I had the 3rd brake light and cab vents leak. Back seat storage had 2” of water after a few days of severe thunderstorms and I hadn’t driven the truck. Ordered new gasket for the 3rd brake light and new rear vents. Had removed the rear seat and pulled the whole back wall carpet out to dry and used towels to ring out the back storage then turned my truck on with the heater on full blast to try and use it as a dehumidifier for about 30 minutes. Tons of water came out the ac condensate drain from the dehumidifying process. Swapped the rear vents and gasket. Gasket was a pain in the butt. If I did it again I would leave a dehumidifier in the truck overnight instead of running the truck since gas is over twice the price since I did that. Left the rear wall and seat out for a week or 2 until I was sure everything was dry and fixed after another rainstorm to make sure.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Back window seal and 3rd brake light are known problems. Use the search function and you will find the posts.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The most common area on most modern trucks is the CHMSL gasket. Nobody seems to be able to get that right. On 5th gen Ram 1500's the next most common area is the sliding rear window surround (cracked), especially on 2019 thru early 2021 models. I'm less familiar with Ram HD's and 1500 classics as far as leaks go. Obviously, leaks can happen anywhere there is a hole in the sheet metal. So your leak could be coming from the shark fin, sunroof, sunroof drains, rear cab vents, or any door or window.

JameesMarc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Has anyone had any luck on ram stepping up to fix these water problems on these trucks ? I have a 2019 Big horn , have had 3rd brake light , rear window replaced , now needing a 3rd rear window at my cost . Had in service twice for water filling the ac ducts , what's next to leak on these trucks ?

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Why do you need a 3rd rear window at your cost?

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Why do you need a 3rd rear window at your cost?
I took it that he's saying this one (3rd replacement) is coming out of his own pocket because his warranty has expired.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
When Dodge replaced my frame/window under factory warranty it came with it own 3 yr warranty separate from the factory warranty. If it been replaced before, it should be under warranty.

The person joined and posted Aug 13th and hasn't been back since. Too bad, if they read this they may find out the window could have a separate warranty and not pay out pocket if they took to a Dogde dealer.

JVs Ram Limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
is this type of "fix" handled under a TSB or Factory Recall? I purchased a '19 Ram Limited a year ago as a CPO. I did purchase a Certified Wrap in addition and recently noticed water markings on the rear headliner. I took the truck in and the service advisor is stating my VSC is denying the claim. I'm wondering if this should just be handled by the Manufacturer as this is a known issue. Any help is appreciated.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have to find out where it's leaking from, chances are third brake light or satellite antenna, or roof seams do you have a sunroof, clogged drains may be the culprit, while you are there check the rear power window frame for cracks, this will give you water under the rear seats, you have to do the work to find this don't trust the dealers to find it they don't know crappp!!!

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
is this type of "fix" handled under a TSB or Factory Recall? I purchased a '19 Ram Limited a year ago as a CPO. I did purchase a Certified Wrap in addition and recently noticed water markings on the rear headliner. I took the truck in and the service advisor is stating my VSC is denying the claim. I'm wondering if this should just be handled by the Manufacturer as this is a known issue. Any help is appreciated.
There is no recall that I know of, the TSB just tells the dealers what to look for and how to repair it. Mine was replaced under the factory warranty and I think the dealer used the TSB as the reference to the claim to FCA because he put a copy of it in my paperwork. But I will say, I think I have a pretty good dealer.