Water on Driver side floor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hellcatsrock

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reading this thread makes me very happy I kept my 2015 Longhorn instead of selling it in 2019 and getting another. And I also am done with sunroofs as I just got a bill for fixing the leak in mine which required a new glass and drain tubes....none of which was covered under the max care extended warranty.

MarkDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m having same problem it’s been six months of chasing the leak the dealership is about to give up on helping me and looks like it may come out of my pocket. Just bought a 19 ram used and love the truck just consumed by this issue I can’t even enjoy it anymore.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm having the same issue with a 2020 Rebel. At this point I might just take it apart myself and try to apply the epoxy because they "cant find the leak". All they had done was clear the drain tube lines.

Whats odd is for the most part it was all set until I went to the carwash so thinking its something along the welds at the bottom.

zay83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 e torque
Well yesterday was a bad day, I found a nice 8 inch by 8 inch wet spot on my driver side carpet. Upon further inspection I determined it was not coming from the fire wall. I checked the back seat flooring and passenger side front seat flooring, all dry. So I removed some trim pieces, weather stripping, and uplifted the driver side carpet, ABSOLUTELY SOAKED! I cleaned what I could with a towel, and used my wifes hair dryer for an hour to dry the carpet. I noticed a small hole in the welding from the cab to the fender, very tiny and easy to miss, this aroused my suspicions. I poured a large amount of water on my windshield and low and behold that small hole began to drip. Makes sense for the amount of water I found, I've had the truck since November 11th, and it rains in Virginia quite often so the small drips added up over time. I cleaned the area real well and applied some clear silicone into the small hole, I then used gorilla tape to cover the spot and add an additional seal (tacky I know). I reinstalled everything and the silicone and tape can't be seen (thank God). So far so good, I have an appointment with the dealer on Monday so I can atleast have this incident logged for future reference. If I were you guys & girls I would check your driver side carpeting for dampness. I'll include pictures of the hole for your reference. I'd also like to mention that I DO NOT have the sunroof (I heard those are leaking like crazy).View attachment 191979 View attachment 191980View attachment 191981
Hi. Same problem with my new 2022 Ram Rebel GT. I bought it one month ago (January 2023) and it’s already causing me problems. This is since day one I bought the truck but I didn’t noticed until I vacuumed under the carpets. There was water on the driver side floor. Same problem as older cars and manufacturing haven’t corrected the problem even is mentioned in the past by other clients. The truck has been 10 days in dealership and they are waiting for the body shop guy to come and pick up the car to start working on it. I don’t know when the car will be ready. They have to take out the fender and other parts to correct the problem. I haven’t paid my first payment of the truck and it’s already back to the dealership. This is my first Ram and it would be my last one. I contacted RAM customer care but so far dealership and Ram customer care haven’t giving me any solution or date to fix the problem. This is the first time I have a problem like this with a Brand new car. How can water leak inside the car and gets wet and RAM doesn’t remplace the Car? How can I rely in this truck for the next 5 years ? Very disappointed with this experience.

Gondul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
How can water leak inside the car and gets wet and RAM doesn’t remplace the Car? How can I rely in this truck for the next 5 years ? Very disappointed with this experience.

Absolutely no manufacturer is going to replace the entire vehicle because of a leak.

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
Well, guess I’m joining this unfortunate club. Noticed a damp driver side carpet after pulling my Husky weather tech floors mats out for a cleaning. Carpet is damp to the touch and looks like mold is growing on it. Taking my 2020 Laramie in to the dealers this AM to have them fix my other leak around the rear sliding window and center stop light. Might as well have them look at this new leak while it’s there…… this is enough to p*ss off a preacher……

ColesRAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8
So, now I’ve got three separate leaks: center rear stop light, rear sliding window rail and driver floorboard, like yours, the carpet is wet. The first two are covered by the extended warranty. Just got to wait three weeks for parts. The driver floor board leak is “thought” by the dealer to be the door and frame seals - which is NOT covered by any extended warranty. When I asked if they would refund my $400 if that seal didn’t fix the leak, the service manager just smiled. I think it’s the frame to firewall weld leaking which is not covered by any extended warranty . That’s going to be pretty darn expensive to fix.