water pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
just looking to find out what it will roughly cost to have my water pump replaced if I took it in as opposed to doing it myself as it is freezing outside and I have no garage .I have no idea what to expect for a price.i have always done repairs myself because as you know ,if you want it done right,you have to.any help would be greatly appreciated.i have a 2004 1500 ,5.7L.also,this is my first dodge so should I decide to do it myself,is there anything different I need to look out for as opposed to a chevy? thank you.

kevkev

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spent $125 on mine at NAPA. Takes about 2-3 hrs. Plus antifreeze.

OP
OP
S

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
I found a gates pump at rock auto for 68.00 with tx. and shipping.I am looking to see what a shop would charge to do it because I do not have a garage to do it in and the weather here really sucks now.It may be worth it to me to just pay someone to do it depending on what they want.I have a feeling I will not like what I hear not to mention I do not like other people working on my stuff.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
just looking to find out what it will roughly cost to have my water pump replaced if I took it in as opposed to doing it myself as it is freezing outside and I have no garage .I have no idea what to expect for a price.i have always done repairs myself because as you know ,if you want it done right,you have to.any help would be greatly appreciated.i have a 2004 1500 ,5.7L.also,this is my first dodge so should I decide to do it myself,is there anything different I need to look out for as opposed to a chevy? thank you.
It cost me around $600 for a new pump & serpentine belt (belt got soaked with antifreeze). Horrible, but when mine went out it gave no warning, just dumped coolant like a fountain, so I had no choice but to get to a nearby shop. Heat gauge was rising by the time I drove the approx, 1 mile to the nearest shop I knew I could trust.
I fully understand what you're saying about doing work yourself; was always that way until I just got so old & creaky I can't bend myself to get at things. Looking at brakes on my Ram, and I know it'll cost me $800 for a job I could do for $150. Maybe I'll take four ibuprofens and do it anyway.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01