Water under back seat?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Noleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If u still have the back seats out and can afford to i suggest leaving them out to try and trace where it's coming in. Back window drains are very hard to see but r probably just as likely as third brake light. I had both plus a roof Seem that was leaking.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I still have the back seats out. I pulled the cargo carpet (can’t find a replacement for that btw) and the rear bulkhead padding. I cleaned the tracks and blew compressed air in the drains (which were really blocked). The bulkhead padding had mold on the driver’s side, just below the track drain. I am hoping that fixes it. I also replaced the third break light gasket.

Any other suggestions guys? I’m gonna put it back together tomorrow.

Noleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, I changed my rear power sliding window to a solid piece. I didn’t want to risk any more leaks because I just put in a new carpet. Anyway, I have no use for the motor for the rear power window. If anyone wants/needs it, let me know. Just pay me the shipping cost. The cables come with it, but they are no good. I tried re-spooling them, but they’re too kinked up. The motor works fine.

I posted this in the DIY forum also.

OP
OP
KyleW2

KyleW2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 Ram 1500
Engine
So far I still have no leaks..however, if it starts to leak again I’ll switch to a solid window. Just a poor design in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk