Wax versus Sealant Battle Royal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stepbill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had simoniz glasscoat put on my truck and would like to get a deep shine on it. Should I or can I use Collinite Marque on it or should I use a spray that Adams's sells for treated vehicles?

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
The deepest shine comes from oily paint glazes WITH oils and a wax like pinnacle Souverän or other real white nubas. Now, you need to have a real smoothly polished paint job to make it that wet and shine, and usually a color like black or deep blue. Really only good for show cars, or someone who has a lot of time, because this is not as durable but as wet as you can get.

60 bucks for 3 ounces true white nuba.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I will be slappin' some Meguiars ultimate paste wax next wash ... my wheels got ultimate polish and the ultimate paste wax yesterday and they look nice !

I also used Meguiars medium cut cleaner on my front drivers side because it had a huge X that looks to me like someone either keyed it or scratched it with something .. so I had to cut it a bit, polish it and then waxed it .. here are the rims now ...

View attachment 158457 View attachment 158458 View attachment 158459 View attachment 158460

I will be doing the entire truck probably this weekend with the polish and the wax and I will post some pictures ...
Did you do this by hand or with a small buffer? The lips on my wheels could use this from I believe road debris bouncing around on them. Looks good btw!

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
look into drill polishers for wheels.

Juniorss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had simoniz glasscoat put on my truck and would like to get a deep shine on it. Should I or can I use Collinite Marque on it or should I use a spray that Adams's sells for treated vehicles?

I mainly use a combo of Meguairs professional line spray wax which if I remember correctly is a hybrid spray sealant/wax (i have so many products I cant keep track anymore) and Wolfgangs Deep Gloss paint sealant 3.0. The Peterbilt and Corvette below were clayed and had Wolfgangs applied. The Hellcat probably hasn't been waxed the traditional way in close to two years. I only use the spray wax as a drying aide when I wash it.

IMG_0063.JPG

IMG_0009.JPG

IMG_0018.JPG

IMG_0069.JPG

IMG_0037.JPG

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
+1 on Wolfgang 3.0 sealant---really good stuff!!!!!!
Jay

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Megs power ball, but there are a bunch of different ones. Put drill wheel polisher in amazon search bar. I still like mothers polish for most wheel, just put it on the wheel with an applicator and buff off. You can put wheel wax on after that if you feel like it.

61i84Qa1T0L._SL1000_.jpg

61Xa3ASjOmL._SX522_.jpg

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've been using Adams H20 Guard and Gloss for years until I got my truck ceramic coated. It literally lasts 4+ months and is really easy to apply. You can put it on plastic too.

After getting the ceramic I've been using Carpro Reload on it which can be used as a stand alone sealant. It's supposed to protect against UV and you can put it on plastic as well.

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will be slappin' some Meguiars ultimate paste wax next wash ... my wheels got ultimate polish and the ultimate paste wax yesterday and they look nice !

I also used Meguiars medium cut cleaner on my front drivers side because it had a huge X that looks to me like someone either keyed it or scratched it with something .. so I had to cut it a bit, polish it and then waxed it .. here are the rims now ...

View attachment 158457 View attachment 158458 View attachment 158459 View attachment 158460

I will be doing the entire truck probably this weekend with the polish and the wax and I will post some pictures ...

Whats your tire process? They look great

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
Whats your tire process? They look great

Thanks !

Well to start off, as soon as I got the truck home from getting lifted with the new wheels and tires, I cleaned the tires with nothing but the foam cannon with car shampoo with wax. As soon as they dried naturally, I slapped some silicone based dressing that I buy from a detail guy here in town, it's a super concentrated high gloss dressing ...

Cleaning the tires with the shampoo with wax weekly will keep the dirt from embedding itself on the tire since the silicone seems to help it from doing that ...

BTD07

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks !

Well to start off, as soon as I got the truck home from getting lifted with the new wheels and tires, I cleaned the tires with nothing but the foam cannon with car shampoo with wax. As soon as they dried naturally, I slapped some silicone based dressing that I buy from a detail guy here in town, it's a super concentrated high gloss dressing ...

Cleaning the tires with the shampoo with wax weekly will keep the dirt from embedding itself on the tire since the silicone seems to help it from doing that ...
I never find the time do my tires well enough lol

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I never find the time do my tires well enough lol

It's all time consuming my Man ... but well worth it when you take the time to take care of your investments lol ... I usually spend about 2-3 hours every time I wash my truck between the wash and inside detailing ...

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have been using CarGuys Hybrid Wax Sealant. Very pleased. Both my Ram and ‘18 Terrain Denali coated with Commodore(Reputable local mfg) coating at dealer. I had to clay the Denali yesterday..its white and had about 40k black spots on the lower half.

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
I was expecting a 3 month draw between zaino and double coat, but that was clearly not the case and we do have us a winner- Zaino. This was a winter test, I actually believe Zaino would be better in the summer as far as longevity and protection, and even though Collonite didn't last as long, I still like it for a winter coat, because double coat is just that, it is a thick coat of protection whereas Zaino isn't as thick, but will give surface retention and uv protection for a longer time. In the hot CA summer waxes just don't last, so for me I will Zaino my summers and Collonite my winters, 4 details a year. You can see the DC still has some retention, but the beads are geting larger which means it is in a state of fail. Same thing with the roof as well. You can see from zaino side, tight beads and if you look in the distance you see the amount of water on the collonite side. No doubting these results, a picture tells it all. Collonite Double Coat = 3 month wax, Zaino Z5pro 3 month + wax. I like both products a lot. Also for powder coat, Collonite for sure, didn't like the zaino on pwder coat but the collonite the clear winner there.

Collonite DC

46615015875_ec62b78ace_z.jpg

Collonite DC

46615016645_123d8901e4_z.jpg

Zaino z5pro

40564427563_06b422db0c_z.jpg

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I let time get away from me so I never seem to know how long a finish lasts. I've gone to jet seal 2x a year and waxing on top sometimes. Biggest thing I've noticed sealing vs wax is when I just wax I spend a full day a couple times a year getting crud off the paint with the clay bar, but sealant I just get a little bit around the rear bumper and behind the front wheels and the odd fleck here and there.

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
I've been a long time zaino user. Think I started in late 90's early 00's on my fbody. That being said for my trucks I use wizards and it's pretty good stuff. I even did my 5er with wizards last year....now that was a process. I had over 20 hours in it.

Just did the 06 with wizards this weekend. Gray doesn't really pop as well as a darker color but the tree reflections tell how reflective it is. Not bad for 13 year old paint.
I also did my black 98 formula last year with wizards just to see how it looked on a dark color. Shot is a picture straight down onto the hood. 20 year old paint.IMG_20190406_131411.jpg image%3A100381.jpg

BC9696

Reaction score
So. OC-People's Republik of Mexifornistan
Ram Year
Engine
ED
When my truck is dirty I take it to the car wash and kill time shooting pool, smoking cigars and drinking at the bar across the street. Yeah...my truck is usually sparkling clean. LOL

They offered me a discount to have a sealant put on the truck and I gave em the nod not expecting much. Well that stuff not only sheds water but it keeps the truck cleaner. Even everyday dust doesn't stick like it used to and if I hit a little rain, the truck looks like it was just detailed, everything just rinses off. I am a huge fan of sealants now. I still have the truck hand waxed quarterly but that sealant is the bomb!

OP
OP
Burla

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
never heard of wizards, does that make me old?

It's more muted then Zaino, which trust me is a compliment. Muted sealants pop a lot more then mirror sealants. Has nothing to do with durabilty, they can be equal for all I know, just saying I like muted sealants and waxes. Zaino is kind of anomoly, obviously like that too, but it is rare to have a mirror shine look that wet. I would like to see those two on a panel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye