Wax versus Sealant Battle Royal.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
What can i get to work in 15mins, besides a homeless guy and a bottle of Turtle Wax? :hidesbehindsofa:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO You reap what you sow---
Jay

0rion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
never heard of wizards, does that make me old?

It's more muted then Zaino, which trust me is a compliment. Muted sealants pop a lot more then mirror sealants. Has nothing to do with durabilty, they can be equal for all I know, just saying I like muted sealants and waxes. Zaino is kind of anomoly, obviously like that too, but it is rare to have a mirror shine look that wet. I would like to see those two on a panel.
Don't get me wrong....zaino is, and always will be, my favorite. I do however like wizards for my daily stuff. The price point is friendly and I just found out oreillys carries it so it's easy to get.
The way I got turned onto it was through a body shop. I took my 04 gto that I had an 05 hood put on. It was yellow so I looked it over real well to make sure the yellows matched. While doing that I noticed how nice the hood looked and the guy told me they use wizards and gave me a bottle. Been using it ever since and have my neighbor using it too after he saw my car. Definitely can get a better shine with zaino but it does a good job and is durable.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have to admit I was a faithful Zaino user in the 90's. Didn't use anything other than his products. I was more than completely satisfied with the results and received compliments on my vehicles all the time. Then one day I had a question about one of the products and made the egregious mistake of calling Sal. After listening to him rant and rave on the phone telling me how stupid I was and how stupid the question was, I went out to the garage and threw every Zaino product away and have never looked back. That's my Zaino story!
Jay

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
What can i get to work in 15mins, besides a homeless guy and a bottle of Turtle Wax? :hidesbehindsofa:
you can wash the car and then use a wand wash set on wax. Not the best, but the water will bead off and you'll have some protection.

Evo1xvg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I use the Klasse twins have been since the 80’s . Every spring I use Klasse AIO then two coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze it last’s all year . Water was still beading this spring before I applied my yearly coats . Use Sonus Glanz after every wash to maintain . My Longhorn is outside 24 / 7 unfortunately my garage is too small for the Ram . I know I am old school using Klasse but this product is bullet proof in my opinion . Every car or truck I have owned looks new when traded in . First time Ram owner and l love it . Here are a couple of pictures probably not the best pictures but here they are .

5AFE359E-DE3A-46BE-B998-1D170CFC9208.jpeg

A71D7C6C-6716-4DE7-AC3D-013CA2F56119.jpeg

soapy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have used all the Zaino products in the last 10 years. I am getting a bit lazy now and just use the Zaino AOI for everything. I own car washes and so my vehicles get washed more than most and the AOI last for almost a year. When its time it takes me about 15 minutes to redo the whole truck with AOI.

Pana

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Process and thoughts:

Matt (owner of Obsessed Garage) sells an amazing "Decontamination Soap" so I like to use that to strip off any contamination. Followed up with Iron X (chemical fallout remover) and then claybar for the physical. M105 Compound (if needed) and M205 polish.

The GOODS:

I usually finish up with Jescar Powerlock + then top off with P&S Beadmaker x2. Essentially adding 3 coats of sealant but the look you get from the Beadmaker is unlike any other and has that "wax" like finish. Beadmaker is also my drying agent for my drying process which helps maintain protection but adds that insane gloss finish, oh and it feels freaking amazing.

Last edited: