Waxing Ram truck for first time?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Glenn54, May 9, 2019.

1. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    There is a whole section on the forum devoted to detailing. You will find a wealth of information there about products and techniques from forum members. Remember we each have our very own favorite polish/wax/sealant/coating. What may work well for you might not particularly work well for me. Coatings last the longest, then sealants, then wax. Most waxes only protect for about 3-4 weeks depending on the environment, how often you wash your truck and whether it's garage kept or not. Most good sealants will last up to 6 months and a ceramic coating can last for a few years.
    Lots of choices available----
    Jay

2. Glenn54

Glenn54 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Thanks Jay. I will check out the other sub-forum. Also need to investigate the ceramic coatings. I don't have any knowledge of this as of yet.

3. Pull Ya

Pull Ya U.S. MARINE VETERAN Supporting Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 Hemi
    Glen-- In addition to the detailing section on the forum you might want to check out a site called "autopia". It is a professional detailer forum in which the pro's discuss the products and techniques they use and they also post pictures of their work. There is also a "store" on the site where you can purchase the products they use. Also on the site is a detailed description of the products and the differences between them. It's worth the time to check it out. Many of their products do a much better job than the OTC stuff you buy at the local parts store or Walmart. Some however are more expensive.
    Jay

4. Glenn54

Glenn54 Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Hemi
    Thanks again Jay. I will definitely check out Autopia. I have a random orbital buffer from Griot's Garage and some of their products. I've used it to bring the paint back to life on my old 95 F150. I know there are better products out there though.

Pull Ya likes this.
  5. soapy

soapy Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    hemi 5.7
    I just applied some Mothers CMX ceramic coating to my work truck. Very easy to use and I like that it can be layered like Zaino to get deeper shine. I can't tell you long term results but it is a easy way to get a ceramic coating for about $25 per bottle. Probaly get at least 10 applications out of one bottle.