Waze on UConnect 5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kr0ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm disappointed with how Waze is displayed in full-screen mode on the Uconnect 5 RAMs. Has anyone found out how to center the vehicle icon instead of it being pinned at the bottom of the display? This is a pain trying to follow directions whenever there are tight turns ahead.

Attaching an example:

Attachments

• Waze-1.jpg
    Waze-1.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 47

dschmid37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just touch and hold on the screen, then drag the map around so your truck is where you want to see it. I stumbled on this today while trying to move my Waze screen to the bottom of the split screen. :)

OP
OP
Kr0ss

Kr0ss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Just touch and hold on the screen, then drag the map around so your truck is where you want to see it. I stumbled on this today while trying to move my Waze screen to the bottom of the split screen. :)
Appreciate the suggestion but when you do that, the map no longer follows your vehicle icon, it stays where you center it. That's helpful for a few secs but then you have to hit the 'recenter' icon.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That would drive me nuts. My wifes 21 Cherokee L doesn't do that.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You can blame Waze for that one, but they're not alone. Certain apps are unhappy when you're full screen on the vertical screens, same thing happens in my wifes Ford that also has a vertical screen like the rams. The simple fix I've found for now is to setup a home screen with the top half carplay (makes it the same size as an 8.4") and use that view for apps that do stupid crap like this.

TimboRam77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's lightyears ahead of the 21 screen. The waze display is smaller than my cell phone so not used.