WD40 on wiper blades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
While some of what he says might be true/accurate, all that black that was coming off his wiper blades wasn't dirt. Rubber is brown and a substance called "carbon black" is added to, you guessed it... make it black! As with anything, take it with a grain of salt. YMMV

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Id imagine a lubricant would smear the windshield, and be a pain to get off. When I clean my wiper blades I use alcohol wipes, cheap and gets the job done.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Id imagine a lubricant would smear the windshield, and be a pain to get off. When I clean my wiper blades I use alcohol wipes, cheap and gets the job done.

You don't spray it on the wiper. You'd spray it on a cloth and then wipe the rubber part of the blade with it and leave the wipers away from the glass until the lubricant dries. That is what's great about silicone lubricant is that it dries and still lubricates without leaving a mess.

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Use alcohol to clean and then use wd-40 it will soften the rubber as rubber tends to absorb it.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Use alcohol to clean and then use wd-40 it will soften the rubber as rubber tends to absorb it.
Did you ever get wd-40 on your glass? Its the most hardest thing to clean off glass. We as kids would spray it on guys windshields we didn't like. When it rains and you put wipers on you can not even see out the windshield. So I would never let wd-40 come in contact with my glass

Dinky

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you ever get wd-40 on your glass? Its the most hardest thing to clean off glass. We as kids would spray it on guys windshields we didn't like. When it rains and you put wipers on you can not even see out the windshield. So I would never let wd-40 come in contact with my glass

If you pull them off the glass and let them sit for a few hours then wipe with clean rag. The rubber will absorb it and should not affect the glass.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you pull them off the glass and let them sit for a few hours then wipe with clean rag. The rubber will absorb it and should not affect the glass.
It streaks the glass when you turn them on when its raining . Hey you can do what you want but I for one know what it does and good luck trying to get it off the glass. I know some guys had to compound the glass with a machine.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I just pee on the blades.