We have a vin number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
The dealer told us that a vin number has been given to the truck we have ordered. Is there a way to track it?

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Following. I also have a vin number and am wondering. I saw on some 2020 posts that there was something called Ram Chat and they were getting build updates through that. I have no idea what that is though.

OP
OP
C

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks to both of you. Didn't find anything on the truck but both web sites were helpful.

OP
OP
C

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
followed the Links you guys gave. Had an online chat with customer care regarding the vin #. All they could tell me was the material required to start the build was there. No build date at this time but told me to check back in a week.
Thanks again for the info.

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They just told me that too. I assumed the materials would be there anyway since it's a truck factory! My dealer got an updated sheet showing me VIN, VON (order number?) and an estimated ship date of 9/25. I kind of doubt this though because I just ordered on 8/25 and that would be a crazy fast turn around time.

BNeal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They just told me that too. I assumed the materials would be there anyway since it's a truck factory! My dealer got an updated sheet showing me VIN, VON (order number?) and an estimated ship date of 9/25. I kind of doubt this though because I just ordered on 8/25 and that would be a crazy fast turn around time.
I ordered mine on 7/26 and I picked it up today.

Blair Stunder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Custom ordered my 2020 Longhorn Feb 1, 2020, it finally arrived last Friday morning. Took delivery Friday at 5:30pm.

I'll update my profile pic next week with the new truck.

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
RamChat says mine was built last week and is awaiting delivery. Ordered on 8/22, pretty quick turn around time.

OP
OP
C

Cactusmonkey

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Fantastic, we ordered around the same time have not heard if it has been built. When do you expect it to be delivered?

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They said it would sit there until there were enough trucks being sent to my region and then loaded up. Vehicles coming here (cincinnati) don't usually go rail at all as it's a short 5 hr drive to the Detroit area, but I'm not sure how long to expect it to sit there before it's loaded. My dealer had told me 2 weeks or so, but I guess it all depends on other orders. I'd drive up there and get it if they'd let me!

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Picked mine up tonight, sounds like it was there yesterday AM.