weather app wont load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rmcram3500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO diesel
2022 3500 and the weather app wont load -anyone else having these issues?
its the uconnect 5 weather app it simply doesnt load and reads "error loading try again later"

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Tell us a bit more about the issue. What weather app? Are you loading it to the OEM head unit? Which head unit do you have? Is UConnect enabled?

bborzell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
It is the Uconnect Weather App. I have the same issue. 2022 RAM 1500 Laramie. Full subscription and the Weather App has never connected. each time it reports “Error loading, try again later.”. Uconnect Assist folks sound like they have no idea what is going on.

Oh, and the Send and Go feature that looks up addresses in the RAM mobile app and sends the address to the NAV feature in the head unit has not worked since I bought the truck.

Send and Go worked in my 2014 Jeep GC for seven years. So much for progress.

CanRebel

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I've been reading on different forum, there are many bugs with new U5.
Likely have wait for update. Would keep bugging Uconnect, when more people complain about it.
Better chance of it getting fixed at some point.

Zimmermc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There was a recent update. Not sure but may be applicable for this problem. Look up

Uconnect 5 FOTA S21D.5 - Released 12/22/21​

Brian901

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2022 limited I also had a issue with the weather app. While I was messing around with the uconnect system I found out that if you delete your profile from the system the weather app should work for you. You just can't add another profile or you will lose it again.
Hope this help and works for everyone
thanks

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I had the same problem when I got my 2022, no weather, traffic, or fuel pricing. Once I did the hard reset it all started working.

rossn2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
2022 1500 Lonestar and same issues with Weather app not working or gas Prices in Navigation either..
Ram Connect sent me this yesterday.
1. Delete all the Profile.
2. Perform Clear Personal Data. (it think I found it under Settings)
3. Reset Radio by Pressing power button for 15 sec.

I did it and both started working at lunchtime. Four hours later the weather app started acting up again but eventually came up. So, who knows if both features will keep working..

LemmysDad

Chairman of the bored.
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So to be clear, I delete my profile to get my weather app to work and then my truck won’t greet me anymore? That’ll make me sad.

Scltkw

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
e-Torque Hemi 5.7
Fwiw, I have a 2022 1500 Limited and weather app / gas prices also didn't work. I deleted my profile and restarted the radio and they started working within about 10 minutes. I'm unsure if creating a new profile will affect things or not, but at least they work for the moment.

rossn2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Update: Sometimes the Weather app takes a long time to load or errors out. I exit to main screen wait a couple minutes and reselect the Weather app. Also, during this same time the Gas Prices under Navigation do not work.
I live in a cellphone dead area and wondering if the Weather app and Gas Pricing feature under Navigation are actually working off cellphone towers and not satellite? Kinda how GM's ONSTAR works also, works off cell towers( i confirmed with GM tech service), so no cell signal no ONSTAR. Plenty of places in Texas hunting there's no Cell service.

T-Rex_Shooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V-6 3.0
So to be clear, I delete my profile to get my weather app to work and then my truck won’t greet me anymore? That’ll make me sad.
I created a profile and didn't realize this was an issue. I deleted my profile and another profile that was on the truck when I bought it new (long story) and weather app started working. I had a 2015 EcoDiesel and Uconnect was awesome! Travel Link gave me fuel, weather and fuel prices. I called into Ram's call center to speak to an agent about this before I found this forum and they basically lost in space! Glad you guys were able to assist in resolving this issue.

Budd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've tried deleting my profile, re booting the system, had my dealer download updated software MULTIPLE times, even a new screen. NOTHIHG! I would rather have my 2019 back. Much better than the 2022! EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!

Stonecaster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Etorque
I custom ordered a 2022 Ram Limited to replace my 2019 Limitied. The weather app and related travel aids has not worked from day one. I have had it to the dealer I beleive 3 times, I have had cases assigned to Ram/ Uconnect/ Ram (ping pong) and it has yet to be remedied. I am exasperated.

The 2019 system was excellent, guess Ram went cheap and partnered with someone. Ram is always accommpodating and courteous and apologetic but that soup is getting awefully cold. I just want it to work, I have had re-boots, updates and my dealer is PO'd at me because I got a Ram Dealer Survey and I told the truth that the issue wasn't fixed. Now they tell me I can bring it to another dealer. Never thought that dropping 80K on a rig was so trivial to Ram or the Ram Dealer network.

If anyone has any suggestions, chime in. I was told by someone at Ram that the proper software version was never loaded into my display head.

Go Figure?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can only add this to all: 2019 DT RAM, but I just have basic U Connect 4 radio, no NAV, 8.4 screen. The weather channel through Sirius quit working months and months ago. A check showed Sirius deleted the Weather channel, but about 3 months ago brought back limited Weather/Traffic Channel. It even gives me the option to set a specific city, but the system will not accept the city, just repeats saying to reload and add favorite city. NOT sure if any of this helps the U Connect 5 folks, just figured put out the info.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I would guess that all of your fancy smart phones have an APP for that

Hollowhill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Ok, had the same issue with weather and gas prices not showing up. Mine is a 2022 1500 with eco-diesel.
For 2020 and newer you need the Ram app (not Uconnect) and need to purchase the travel and weather service. It’s about $120 a year. 2020 and earlier you purchase it from Uconnect. This has nothing to do with Sirius XM. Dealership will not help in most cases. Idiots charged me $200 for nothing to diagnose and never told me anything. I went 6 months figuring it out myself.. purchased the service it works great and I get map updates automatically.

MSDelta

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Etorque
I had the weather app on my 2016 Laramie. It was really slow to load and function (zoom in/out) and really a useless feature compared to what I use on my cellphone. Seriously, they shouldn’t really bother with these “features” if they don’t outperform or equal apps on your phone. IMO, that includes the built in navigation.