WeatherTech vs. OEM All-Weather Mats?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Rado,
Do you need a link to the OEM mats with the big edges?

I have had then a few years now and really like them, Firm plastic like material like the Weather Tech,
The edges are still firm and the price was great !
I do have the OEM rear mat and it is heavy rubber, And I also have the OEM Slush Mats also Heavy rubber. I assume the OEM All weather Mats will be of thinner material

Southern Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the weather tech all season mats in black and love them. They seem very durable and have held up well, had them in my previous truck so I got them again.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
i have weathertecs in my slt.been there for 9 years and still going strong.hopefully they'll fit in the p/w.if they do i'm swapping my oem's.if not i'll get a new set.either way if i sell my 2012 i'm keeping them.

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My new 2500 Laramie was delivered a couple of days ago and it has the mountain brown/frost beige interior. I've had WT floor mats in the past and have no complaints. But I saw a 1500 at the dealership with the same interior as mine with the tan Mopar weather mats and they looked and felt great. They are also cheaper than the Weathertech mats. I was going to go with Mopar this time but the only color it shows on the website for the 2500 is black. Do they only make the tan weather mats for the 1500's or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My new 2500 Laramie was delivered a couple of days ago and it has the mountain brown/frost beige interior. I've had WT floor mats in the past and have no complaints. But I saw a 1500 at the dealership with the same interior as mine with the tan Mopar weather mats and they looked and felt great. They are also cheaper than the Weathertech mats. I was going to go with Mopar this time but the only color it shows on the website for the 2500 is black. Do they only make the tan weather mats for the 1500's or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Ask Benny at ALL Mopar Parts a vendor on site here

Are these the ones you are looking for ?
I found these ! https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215322ac.html

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins

snakeman56

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have used the WT in the past, when I got my new 2500 this past month I got the Mopar ones and they are way better in my opinion. My salesperson bought them for me at his price. They are better priced than WT.

Wulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My other truck (ducks out of the way of incoming various thrown items for it not being a Dodge/Ram variant) is a Chevy Silverado, and I got the Weathertech mats for that, because the ones that came with the truck were nonexistent. I think the previous owner ditched them.

While I was looking around for the truck I did end up buying, I was considering getting a set of those same mats for my new truck, but it has the rubber Rams head logo in it already, and they seem to be decent, so I am going with them for now. Who knows in the future, but I like these.

Gero

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went wt. Seems to provide better coverage i take then off and hose it down at the car wash. When they're wet, just put a light mist of armor all and wipe dry.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I have Husky weathebeaters. Bought them for my NEW 2014 Sport, had them in 2017 and now in my new 2021! As good as new. Don’t go hard, don’t crack! Loads of use and these are over 7 yrs old now! Sort of fit the 5th gen. I suppose I will have to get some new ones for my birthday (but the old ones are still perfect!)

RBJRBJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L V8 MDS VVT eTorque Engine
I have the RAM all weather mountain brown (color) to match the interior. They fit very well, provide ample coverage and look great matching the overall interior color of the truck. I’d recommend going with RAM OEM all-weather floor mats.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cheaped out this time and went with the Oedro custom fit mats. I was looking at Weathertech's but just couldn't make myself spend that $200 plus dollars. Surprisingly they don't seem to be any different than the Husky's or Weathertech's I've had in the past and they were on sale on Amazon at the time for $100(front and rear). Completely satisfied so far.

davalt75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The other link was for 1500s.
This is the link for 2500 in Black
I ended up sending an email to Mopar and they confirmed that the tan is only available for the 1500s. Doesn't make any sense at all to me since the tan interior is available in both the 1500 and 2500/3500. I went with the Weathertech mats. They were more expensive but they fit really well and look good.

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I cheaped out this time and went with the Oedro custom fit mats. I was looking at Weathertech's but just couldn't make myself spend that $200 plus dollars. Surprisingly they don't seem to be any different than the Husky's or Weathertech's I've had in the past and they were on sale on Amazon at the time for $100(front and rear). Completely satisfied so far.

I know you have 5th gen but does that oedro mat go fully under the gas pedal? If it doesnt make sure there is no way for it to get stuck when fully compressed and adjustable pedal in lowest position.
On my 4th gen i had to cut away more material, just the other day it got stuck again and i almost destroyed my truck!
Needless to say i ordered husky liners asap from nick@gotexhaust and they are just a better mat and go under gas pedal fully.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know you have 5th gen but does that oedro mat go fully under the gas pedal? If it doesnt make sure there is no way for it to get stuck when fully compressed and adjustable pedal in lowest position.
On my 4th gen i had to cut away more material, just the other day it got stuck again and i almost destroyed my truck!
Needless to say i ordered husky liners asap from nick@gotexhaust and they are just a better mat and go under gas pedal fully.
You know it’s funny you mention that! Apparently I didn’t have it there correctly to start with and it did interfere with the accelerator initially. I removed it and put it back in paying special attention to how it fit under the pedal and it was fine after that. Now I’m going to have to go take another look!