WeatherTech Window Deflectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Weird question... What is the benefit of these window deflectors? I guess you can crack your windows open without rain coming in. Does it also reduce buffeting at speed? Just wondering about the rationale.
Open windows a few inches without rain getting in (depending on wind) and also looks. IMO they add big style for cheap but that's obviously just a opinion.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Zoodles95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 5.7
Open windows a few inches without rain getting in (depending on wind) and also looks. IMO they add big style for cheap but that's obviously just a opinion.

Thanks. I do agree that they look cool. FWIW, I got Weathertech mats for my truck and I cannot believe the quality of them. In light of that I would lean towards Weathertech should I try out a set of window deflectors on my quad cab.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks. I do agree that they look cool. FWIW, I got Weathertech mats for my truck and I cannot believe the quality of them. In light of that I would lean towards Weathertech should I try out a set of window deflectors on my quad cab.
I also have full weather tech mats in my truck and also my 4runner, they are great quality. They don't budge, they clean up sparkling shiny and they catch everything. Very soon here I will be replacing my AVS window visors for weathertechs. I bought my AVS visors before weather tech made em, then got em for my 4runner and it was almost laughable how crappy my AVS ones were vs weathertech

Zoodles95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ram 5.7
I also have full weather tech mats in my truck and also my 4runner, they are great quality. They don't budge, they clean up sparkling shiny and they catch everything. Very soon here I will be replacing my AVS window visors for weathertechs. I bought my AVS visors before weather tech made em, then got em for my 4runner and it was almost laughable how crappy my AVS ones were vs weathertech

My Brother-In-Law's boss owns an auto shop and he swears by Weathertech. When he checked out my Ram before I bought it we talked about various upgrades and he raved about the Weathertech mudflaps he put onto his 2016 Ram Sport.

I can't remember the last time I spoke to someone who had a Weathertech product and were unhappy with them.

I have some Mopar mudflaps incoming because I got a crazy deal on them. If they do not work out I am out a few Starbucks Frapachinos. If they are a bust them I will go with Weathertech for replacements.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Brother-In-Law's boss owns an auto shop and he swears by Weathertech. When he checked out my Ram before I bought it we talked about various upgrades and he raved about the Weathertech mudflaps he put onto his 2016 Ram Sport.

I can't remember the last time I spoke to someone who had a Weathertech product and were unhappy with them.

I have some Mopar mudflaps incoming because I got a crazy deal on them. If they do not work out I am out a few Starbucks Frapachinos. If they are a bust them I will go with Weathertech for replacements.
Lol a few Starbucks fraps [emoji23] . No clue about flaps never ram them before (although I probably should've)

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Weird question... What is the benefit of these window deflectors? I guess you can crack your windows open without rain coming in. Does it also reduce buffeting at speed? Just wondering about the rationale.

Never having had any I can't vouch for their effectiveness. But keeping the rain out with the windows cracked for fresh air was my reason for trying them. If it reduces wind noise on the highway, that's a bonus. I guess leaving the windows cracked in the sun would be nice too.

I have used carid a couple times now and I'm very happy with them. Prices are fair and I have hit customer service twice now (just for questions) and they have been prompt and respectful and helpful.

That's good to know. I've never dealt with any of them before. Truth be known, all 4 were the exact same price in the end, just two of the places are dishonest, and I've never liked crooks.

AutoAnything proudly proclaims "Free Shipping" all over their site. That's a blatant lie! They bundle the shipping into the item price. I'd be fine with that if they didn't claim it was free. But it gets much worse with them. An experiment anyone can do is select the visors, add them to the cart, then go to checkout. $74.95, same as I paid WeatherTech. However change the quantity to 2. Maybe you have two Rams. Check out the price now, $149.90. They're charging the same $15 shipping, which they claim is free, for each set. WTF? WeatherTech and CarID both remain $15 for shipping for either one or two sets, for a total of $134.90. And they list the shipping as a line item. Both are honest. But it appears the more you buy from AutoAnything, the more they gouge you on the faux "free shipping". Not sure if that's legal or just ****** advertising, but it's definitely unethical, and my reason for bashing them and RealTruck. Just my $0.02...

I'll definitely buy from CarID in the future.

wink

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've dealt with CarID many times and only once had a problem. When I called about the issue, they shipped out a replacement right away, told me to scrap the defective part and issued a 20% off coupon code for my next order (while advising me to make sure I took full advantage of the discount on the next order since it was 20% off the total order).

I would rate them as a rock solid company to do business with.

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Finally got around to putting my deflectors on this morning. Took maybe 5 minutes for the pair. Should've just done them when I opened the box. It's likely to take longer to remove the stupid Weathertech labels. I wish companies woud quit that practice. I don't advertise unless I'm paid. Plus it makes the truck look tacky. I like a clean look. Otherwsie I like them. Quite unobtrusive. I can't actually try them out till 8 PM tonight.

wink

deflector1.jpg

deflector2.jpg

mandavdle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have front and back. There is some sticky-tape involved for the back. Installation was a bit tricky on front due to my inadvertently folding over the rubber in the channel, so watch for that. I ended up snapping off a portion of the plastic in-channel which now rattles around inside the door. I did need to recalibrate the auto-reverse to enable proper closure, as is discussed in the installation instructions included from Weathertech.

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have front and back. There is some sticky-tape involved for the back. Installation was a bit tricky on front due to my inadvertently folding over the rubber in the channel, so watch for that. I ended up snapping off a portion of the plastic in-channel which now rattles around inside the door. I did need to recalibrate the auto-reverse to enable proper closure, as is discussed in the installation instructions included from Weathertech.

Mine just said leave the windows closed for 12 hours. So tonight I can test the auto-reverse. But I did all the pulling out to seat, etc. The front bottom didn't seem right as I was putting them on, but it's how they said to do it, and there was no resistance when I did the 5 up/downs. I was hoping the dark tint would have more effect against the sun shining down, but nope. Of course it only would've worked at certain angles of the sun.

wink

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the WT in channel laying in the garage some place. I had issues with the window folding the weather strip over. When they didn't catch the weather strip I could hear a slight increase in noise so after a few days of trying. I wrote them off as another item I thought I needed . Free to any one in south jersey interested in picking them up. Only shipping that will be done is by way of trash can to curb

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. I'm also in South Jersey if you find you are in need of any of my extra gear. :)

Father Of Four

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well I waited the 12 hours and have been out messing with the windows. Mine doesn't have auto-up, just auto-down, so that's not at issue. Weatherstripping looks normal in either position, so that doesn't appear to be an issue either. They stay in place, and seem to offer no resistance in lowering or raising the windows. Tomorrow I'll get out and check the wind deflection aspect. But not what I bought them for. I'll have to wait till it rains to see if they do what I wanted them for.

I also like them much better now that I've debadged them. Looks more OEM. Couldn't get very good pics with the garage lights reflections, but it's dark outside now. Maybe tomorrow I'll go up on one of the neighborhood mountains and get some better pics.

wink

deflector3.jpg

deflector4.jpg

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can order these off advanced auto parts, shipped to home for free with 20% off. Good thru 8/27, use code H67. I'm sure more sales to come from other retailers next week. Looks like the crew cabs run $95 bucks with the sale.

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You can order these off advanced auto parts, shipped to home for free with 20% off. Good thru 8/27, use code H67. I'm sure more sales to come from other retailers next week. Looks like the crew cabs run $95 bucks with the sale.

Hmmm... I checked the Advanced website. Just curious what they would've charged me. Couldn't find any Weathertech products. Only deflectors they listed were AVS and Destin. Just a FYI.

wink

OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Sport RCSB
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I took a little drive yesterday to see how they do with wind. They definitely kept it from blowing right in on me. However it still came in and massed against the rear of the cab between the seats. Still better than a direct blast. But didn't seem to alter the sound level much, if at all. Only went up to 65.

wink

MarshRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 SLT 4x4, 2012 ST
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
wink

wink

Beast Pilot